Swedish prepper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theextraneous

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
My name Kurt and I'm Swedish. Me and my family and relatives are trying to prepare us for major man-made disasters like the ones that was caused and experienced by our fellow humans that lived before us.
We currently have properties in Europe, Africa and Asia where some of the family members already lives in.
In general our plan is for every family member to bug in/under if a natural disaster happens or bug out of the country if SHTF. We trust/relay on no government with our lives and therefore refugee camps are out of the question. In this forum I hope I can gain some knowledge and ideas and share some of my own ones.

PS: Forgive my english, I'm trying my utmost to make it understandable.

Don't worry! So far your English came out great!!!! Welcome and have a look around. There's plenty to learn on here.

Hi Kurt and welcome, looks like we are practically neighbours as i live in finland,hjärtligt välkommen ( welcome in swedish dear preppers) i've been here only a short while and already got great tips and lots of info abt prepping

Kiitos rakas naapuri.
Great to see there is some scandinavian preppers in this forum.
So far, I found some useful ideas and still there is a lot to learn.

there is,trust me! for long i thought no one in scandinavia was prepping but me,it's always fun to meet likeminded people here, yr present location is New York? I still do some silent preps if it goes bad here,my mom lives in swe,so i could get my kids there if its safe

You are absolutely right.
There is a couple of families in scandinavia That actually do prepping, we just do not see eachother, we all do it anonymously. The only thing They do together is to share information and ideas behind computers and locked doors.
My location right now is New York but I live in Sweden, I'm just here for business.
Like you, I do my preps in complete secrecy with family members and we believe the power is within numbers. It's hard to find likeminded here, people dont take it seriously and the trust between people is ridiculous too ... what do you think Jontte?

the extraneuos!

finding likeminded people is hard,soooo hard,they choose to live in a bubble,i began just my and my self,now my oldest son knows and is part of my team,beeing a prepper in scandinavia it's just better to be hush-hush abt it otherwise you just might have a visit from police asking what do you stash in your place?
most of my co-workers only think abt next weekends party-time,sometimes i think that he who pushed me in this direction was my oldest son,years ago he told me to buy canned food and other supplies on my payday,so that when out of money one would always have food.
my biggest issue is that i live in the city and if somthing happens how do i get out,but i'm glad to find a prepperfriend this "close",just remember to ask and someone will have an answer

Jontte

Yes indeed. Interesting to have your son by your side and that your oldest son was the one that made you think and start prepping.
From my side, the family has been prepping for many generations, but I started prepping with my own family after living in Africa and middle east a couple of years and experienced dynamic urban warfare. I understand your concern, location is our biggest concern too, even though we live in both urban and rural area in Sweden and have place to go outside Europe.
On mielenkiintoista tutustua toisiinsa enemmän rakas.
Sama koskee sinua, jos sinulla on kysyttävää sitten vain kysyä.

the extraneous

I think it was natural to prepp for the older generation,you went to the woods for mushrooms and berries, you made perhaps your own salted herring,even had a pig,i always thought that my grandma was funny when she neatly put away wrappingpapers,glasjars etc,later i understood she had experieced war,first the civilwar and later ww2 and only wanted to be ready and have something if the need came.
as i have said it earlier it's good to find likeminded friends here and who knows maybe someday meet them aswell.
tusan,du talar/skriver god finska,mitt modersmål är svenska :)

Hello everybody!
My name Kurt and I'm Swedish. Me and my family and relatives are trying to prepare us for major man-made disasters like the ones that was caused and experienced by our fellow humans that lived before us.
We currently have properties in Europe, Africa and Asia where some of the family members already lives in.
In general our plan is for every family member to bug in/under if a natural disaster happens or bug out of the country if SHTF. We trust/relay on no government with our lives and therefore refugee camps are out of the question. In this forum I hope I can gain some knowledge and ideas and share some of my own ones.

Welcome Kurt!
My friend, your English is better than most Americans! Please let us know how we can help as you prep.

Blessings,
Shenandoh

the extraneous

I think it was natural to prepp for the older generation,you went to the woods for mushrooms and berries, you made perhaps your own salted herring,even had a pig,i always thought that my grandma was funny when she neatly put away wrappingpapers,glasjars etc,later i understood she had experieced war,first the civilwar and later ww2 and only wanted to be ready and have something if the need came.
as i have said it earlier it's good to find likeminded friends here and who knows maybe someday meet them aswell.
tusan,du talar/skriver god finska,mitt modersmål är svenska :)

Jonette-
Please talk to me about "the Russian threat" noted in your profile. We remain quite nervous here by the current movement of Russia and the lack of leadership by our US President.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Welcome Kurt! Yes there is a lot of information here already. . . just do some searches in the forums and if you don't find what you are looking for, just ask. There is a lot of people here that have knowledge and are very willing to help you out. You are correct to do your prepps in secret and with family. The less that knows the better! Stay well

Hello everybody!

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Jontte

Yes, Those generations before us did it very naturally, It was also to have some sense of peace to have a food storage and some other necessities stored.
It's the same with my grandparents, they never fought any war but non the les in war everybody is fighting for something, either for survival, protection of properties or their own family from hunger and thirst. From my side nobody really wanted to talk about those days except the fact that they say prepping is a way of life and its is something everybody needs to do.
Tack vännen, jag talar och skriver bra finska tack vare google translate hahaha eftersom jag trodde det modersmål var finska. Just nu befinner jag mig i USA, men när jag kommer hem så kan jag och du ta en riktig prep snack över en kopp kaffe om det går bra för dig.

Shenandoah

Thanks, appreciate it.
If there is something I would like to know, I'm very confident to get an answer from most of you preppers in this forum since most of you seems to be very experienced.

Many peace and blessings

As I try to familiarize myself with this forum I could not find a place to put my thread so I will put my question Directly here and maybe someone of you could help me with some information or ideas.

I'm looking for a list of items/stuff that probably will be very hard/rare to get one hand if SHTF that I could store now.

Thank you.

simple things like batteries?? somthing to purify water with,now that you are in the USA,shop for lifestraw,it's alot cheaper there

Latest posts

Back