Suturing/Stitching Videos

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
Of course there is a lot more to this than any 5 minute video can show, but this seems to have some good info about stitching an ugly wound. I have found that "Skin on" chicken is a good practice medium for those looking to "Get the feel" and not learn on the fly while you're having to stitch someone who is seriously wounded.

I'm going to try and find some other videos on the subject. If yall find any others, please feel free to post them here.

OK, first I did not watch the vid so forgive me if I recover info. Clean, clean, irrigation, irrigation, trim if needed to make a better repair so jagged edges will heal, if an older wound trim edges so the repair will heal correctly. Start in center to aproxamate edges, and take small bites, first throw will have three lays one way,then three lays the other way, then two one way, then two the other way, then two or three knots/throws in alternating ditections. Most people start on a pigs foot as this approximates human tissues, chicken, orange, then plums and grapes. I attached a file that has some sutures other than the basic over hand sutures. I may be able to come up with more if anyone is interested.
"Please remember most often sutures don't save lives"
They are wound closures, after a good cleaning and irrigation. That's not to say you can't tie off a bleeder, you could.

Good luck, be safe, and God bless

Attachments

• Advanced%20Suture%20info.pdf
    434.1 KB · Views: 5
Well I have been the suturer and the suturee! I have been both at same time! Neither is fun!

Good luck, be safe, and God bless!

Latest posts

Back