surviving in illinois

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.O.R.T.

Reaction score
I'm a 28 year old shipyard welder and father of two daughters, i cant say I'm new to surviving as i have spent most of my youth running threw the woods, i know how to make shelter, start fires and find food be it foraging, hunting or fishing, and i know a little about first aid but i am fairly new to prepping. i started probably last year gathering a bob and i am slowly adding things i feel i will need but i could use any advice that would make it better, me and several members of my family are prepping to bug out even on foot if necessary to western Kentucky where the biggest part of our family is so everything we have has to fit on our backs and as well there are several small children that will have to make the trip, just looking around on this forum i have found ideas i never would have thought about so any hints or tips you may have would be appreciated

I'm a 28 year old shipyard welder and father of two daughters, i cant say I'm new to surviving as i have spent most of my youth running threw the woods, i know how to make shelter, start fires and find food be it foraging, hunting or fishing, and i know a little about first aid but i am fairly new to prepping. i started probably last year gathering a bob and i am slowly adding things i feel i will need but i could use any advice that would make it better, me and several members of my family are prepping to bug out even on foot if necessary to western Kentucky where the biggest part of our family is so everything we have has to fit on our backs and as well there are several small children that will have to make the trip, just looking around on this forum i have found ideas i never would have thought about so any hints or tips you may have would be appreciated
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome.

That's a pretty long drive (over 6 hours or so, depending on exact points), so an even longer hike, for a bug out, but certainly manageable. Just how little are the little ones? Toddlers? Elementary Schoolers?
If this is the plan, in addition to having BOBs for each, you'll want to have some things ready to go in the vehicle too, for this trip. Most of all, extra gas.
If the children are really small, you may have to have some means of helping them keep pace, like a stroller, bikes, etc. all depending on age, should you have to leave the vehicle.

Latest posts

Back