Survivalist Prepping vs Supply Prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer Supply Prepping or Survivalist Prepping?

• Survivalist Prepping... I can live with nature indefinitely!

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Supply Prepping... I'm staying and holding down the fort!

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Both, actually... I see merits in both and work on them regularly

Votes: 69 83.1%

• Total voters
apart from maybe myself there is no one in this country who would call themselves a survivalist, too macho, too gun toting, solitary type individual, most probably all(minus 1) would call themselves preppers but to me a prepper is a short term prepare for one or two months type person, not someone who intends to survive and adapt come what may for as long as they have to, maybe for the rest of their lives.

I've always thought of a prepper as a stockpiler, a homesteader as like a farmer, and a survivalist as a hunter and forager.
I do all three, but more of a prepper and homesteader. But on just 23 acres, it's pretty small for homesteading.

Hell, I’m happy just to survive another day! Don’t care what anyone calls me….seriously, labels don’t mean much to me. But practical common sense things you can do to help you get through life’s tougher times just makes sense no matter what you call it. Prepper, survivalist, hoarder, they are all just names.

Last edited:
Hoarder. Ha.
I'm too organized to be a hoarder. I like to be organized, or things drive me nuts.
Those hoarder tv shows are over the top. Garbage, pet poo, not being able to find your bed...OMG
Burn the place down and start all over.

Hoarder. Ha.
I'm too organized to be a hoarder. I like to be organized, or things drive me nuts.
Those hoarder tv shows are over the top. Garbage, pet poo, not being able to find your bed...OMG

My thoughts exactly Amish Heart. My OCD is way too advanced for that.

Hell, I’m happy just to survive another day! Don’t care what anyone calls me….seriously, labels don’t mean much to me. But practical common sense things you can do to help you get through life’s tougher times just makes sense no matter what you call it. Prepper, survivalist, hoarder, they are all just names.

Practical common sense is not something we see much nowadays in America.

Hoarder. Ha.

there's nothing that pizzes me off more is the hoarder addicts calling themselves "preppers" to excuse their hoard of pure trash >>> had a rash of postings for a long time from hoarders looking for some kind of mutual support - their neighbors had enough and the country/municipality agreed ....

Latest posts

Back