SurvivalIQ

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, ranjen. I think the psychology of survival is often overlooked, also. I think this is the biggest thing we can do to prep. Getting and/or keeping our minds in gear for "The fight" can never be overlooked. That part of the manual is indeed excellent.

For those of you who have heard someone mention a reference to "The U.S. Army Suvival Manual", Here is a website based on the book that provides some great information.

http://survivaliq.com/
I just wanted to say i wasn't trying to steel your thunder on this post i just hit up the site and saw they were trying to sell the FM and i didnt want anyone paying for something i can get for free i have access to the reimer library being in the army so i can get them all free

Excellent, ranjen. I think the psychology of survival is often overlooked, also. I think this is the biggest thing we can do to prep. Getting and/or keeping our minds in gear for "The fight" can never be overlooked. That part of the manual is indeed excellent.
Thank you, I went through S.E.R.E school and i can tell you first hand the psych portion is the toughest part, the hunger the lack of sleep is all tough to deal with but the psych is where i think it really takes it's toll some of the guys really thought they had been captured

Totally agree Ranjen. S.E.R.E was not fun but the psych part of it took it's toll on a lot of people, more so than the physical aspect did. We had one guy that sat looking at the ground for hours and I finally asked him what he was doing. He looked at me and said, "I'm looking at the dirt, it has more value right now than I do and I'm waiting for it to tell me how it did it."

It's all in the mental attitude.

Latest posts

Back