survival tins,

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wafer rolls can is very effective at blocking 104Mhz, 146Mhz and 2.4Ghz. Put the lid on with my iphone inside and it loses all cellular and wifi connections -sitting right next to the wifi router. I put a baofeng in with the lid on and no 2m frequencies can get inside the can with a 7 watt HT transmitting directly next to it. I put a FM broadcast receiver inside and drove under the local FM broadcast tower with about 6kw transmit and I think I may have heard the static get quieter so it is not a perfect shield. That's why I nest these tins about 3 deep for EMP protection.

wrap the duct tape on the outside of the can - the paracord and other sized cordage overtop that >>> not only saves the space inside for something else - it gives a better grip on the can ....

once you get any of these emergency cans filled with long term storage goods - seal them also for the long term - coat the lid section with the colored Plasti Dip product - commonly used to make a DIY handle grip on a tool >>>>> Plasti Dip® - PLASTI DIP®

couple of other handy things to include - a heatable glue stick or two - not only an adhesive but a sealing agent also - it also can be a flame starter ....

another item is the common office supply paperwork binder clip - takes no additional space when used to clip organize the can items >>> great multi-use tool for a variety of tasks - handy EDC item to have clipped to an inside coat pocket ....

Last edited:
I love these things for an EDC, especially the Altoids tin. It's very compact to fit in your pocket, can fit most basic things to get you back to your vehicle or maybe even back home, Especially in more urban environments. It's very discreet too which is really awesome.

great to read the responses here, have one my self too, kinda made it before I joined here, knowing more or less nothing , have it built up to better suit my needs, nothing complicated as I have 2,5 km home the shortes route,

I love these things for an EDC, especially the Altoids tin. It's very compact to fit in your pocket, can fit most basic things to get you back to your vehicle or maybe even back home, Especially in more urban environments. It's very discreet too which is really awesome.

make up a half dozen of the kits - spread them around your everyday usage - they are your emergency bare bones backup to your existing backups - you lose the backpack or your EDC messenger bag >>> you got a tin in your pocket ...

make up a half dozen of the kits - spread them around your everyday usage - they are your emergency bare bones backup to your existing backups - you lose the backpack or your EDC messenger bag >>> you got a tin in your pocket ...

Yeah that's a great idea! I need to hit up the store and get some more of those tins

any ideas about this type of stuff?
do you have one?
I have 4 jon and one of them is my EDC, one in the car GBH, one in the bedroom (INCH) and a backup in my BOB. My EDC has as much as BOTH of those cans not to mention the flares, smoke bombs and flashlights with batteries and trapping utinsels...good post too, Gary

Latest posts

Back