Survival Gear that I thought might be useful. key word is might.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua

Reaction score
Here is a list of some survival items that I thought might come in handy depending on where you live. This is all theory though because most of this I have not bought yet to test out. But doing a little bit of research on websites these kind of stood out and I kind of "day dreamed" of how these items can come in handy if need be. Of course this is only theory for like I said I havent bought most of these items yet.

First of all in order to hold these items you would need something to put them in (unless of course they come in "kits" ) so it is hard to pick out a specific bag that can be used perfectly. Of cource when SHTF anything can be used. For instance a pillow case. But here is my "shopping list" of things I consider might help out when the time comes. Of cource it will take me awhile to get these items. So it is up for debate on what you would want first and which ones would come later. I sort of have an idea for what I personally would want first and later that is on this list. I also do understand that some of these items can be pretty pricey. Please feel free to tell me other items that I might have forgotten in the process.

Bags:
* MAXPEDITION FALCON II ( can be used as a get home bag )
* MILITARY SURPLUS - STYLE ADVANCED 3 - DAY ASSAULT PACK ( 72 HOUR BAG )
Weapons:
* RUGER 10/22 TAKEDOWN AUTOLOADING RIFLE ( easily taken into two parts plus has a holding case and a plus also is ammo is a bit cheaper then .45)
* Some sort of bow (depending on what the situation is a bow is a lot more quiet then a gun can be also arrows could possibly be reused? )
Survival Equipment:
* sawyer extractor pump kit
* Survival Hatchet
* Wind 'N Go 2 way radio and light set ( still have a source of communication when batteries die )
* Long burning Candles
* 36 hour survival candle
* bandana ( a lot of different ways it can be used )
* aquamira water bottle w/ filter (
* aquamira replacement filter
* UCO stormproff matches
* fire paste
* Saber Cut survival saw
* Platypus water bottle ( 2 Liter )
Miscellaneious:
*Neiko heavy duty 4,000 lb bolt cutter ( in case you are in the city, could be used to cut chains that are attached to bikes )
* Denali 115 - piece home repair tool kit
* Trademark tools vintage manual hand drill ( Denali repair tool kit does not come with a drill so figured that a hand cranked tool would be best )
*window punch w/ pocket clip ( incase you need to get inside your car fast and you lost the keys or if someone else needs your help i have been told this is a lot more silent then using other objects )
* Italian Military Surplus Canvas Map Case / Shoulder Bag ( can use it to put vital information in as well as maps like the title says )
* this next one depends on where you are located whether it can come in handy or not but I live in the mountains so this would be perfect for me and that is a Ghillie Suit. There are a lot of different types out there with different prices as well as different camo )
* 30 ' family survival shelter. ( this will be pretty spendy so this would probably be the last item on my list that I would buy.
Stoves:
* Part 111c - Sierra Stove ( can also get complete kits that inlcude kettle/lid, Cross Grate, Wrap Around Shield, Sack & Zip Fires Samples
or
* The Solo Stove

That is my shopping list... what do you all think? I didnt put some on there because I already have them and that would be fire starters, lighter, Can opener, survival knifes, machette, emergency candles, compass, binoculars, maps of my area ( three types : regional topo , detailed local map, and an extended area ) I also own a medical kit.
I do realize that that is a lot of things but I feel that those are necessary for some scenerios. If you have any questions on why I posted the items that I have feel free to ask me and I would be more then happy to explain in more detail. As that famous quote goes "I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it"

all great items but remember simple and easy will always be safer and faster for you survival is all about being perpaird and speed is most times what will save you

It still comes down to packing what is going to help you out the best not what some one on youtube says you are suppost to have yes there are some basics needs but its all about you what will you need and what will serve your needs the best and remember there are things that can be used for many things like why carry a shovel if you have a masheti thats got a large wide blade or why carry a large ax if a hatchet will save room and serve as a shovel also.... its all about you

It still comes down to packing what is going to help you out the best not what some one on youtube says you are suppost to have yes there are some basics needs but its all about you what will you need and what will serve your needs the best and remember there are things that can be used for many things like why carry a shovel if you have a masheti thats got a large wide blade or why carry a large ax if a hatchet will save room and serve as a shovel also.... its all about you

ok. Thank you for the information. I really apreciate it :)

Latest posts

Back