Survival Gardening - Seminole Pumpkin

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I make apple butter. With these, they will stay out in my garage in the bushel baskets. The literature states that they should do well all winter long. I need to verify this is accurate.
Sorry my bad. I ran across a good pumpkin marmalade that is really good if you were wanting to can up some. Also a friend recommended a pumpkin pizza sauce you tube, but I have not tried it out so can give no recommendations. Also if you want pumpkin puree there is a couple ways.

Sorry my bad. I ran across a good pumpkin marmalade that is really good if you were wanting to can up some. Also a friend recommended a pumpkin pizza sauce you tube, but I have not tried it out so can give no recommendations. Also if you want pumpkin puree there is a couple ways.
My wife and I love soups and this time of year, winter squash soup is high on the list. So, much of the stored Seminoles will be used as such. Our church youth group is coming over again tomorrow night so I'll be using those baked Seminoles for pumpkin bread with maybe some cream cheese spread on top.

But speaking of butters, a friend who makes lots of muscadine wine gave us some muscadine butter and it was AWESOME. Since I started growing them this year, I see making that in my future. :)

My wife and I love soups and this time of year, winter squash soup is high on the list. So, much of the stored Seminoles will be used as such. Our church youth group is coming over again tomorrow night so I'll be using those baked Seminoles for pumpkin bread with maybe some cream cheese spread on top.

But speaking of butters, a friend who makes lots of muscadine wine gave us some muscadine butter and it was AWESOME. Since I started growing them this year, I see making that in my future. :)
That sounds interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love muscadine anything. There used to be a winery in Mississippi called Rushing Winery that made some awesome international award winning muscadine wine. The winery was vandalized in 1990 and went bankrupt as a result.

I missed this thread . I think I will plant some of these .
I planted some based on this thread and it was amazing. Not only did the Seminole pumpkins produce profusely they also took over my entire back yard, resisting all the bugs that killed off all my other squash and dukes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love muscadine anything. There used to be a winery in Mississippi called Rushing Winery that made some awesome international award winning muscadine wine. The winery was vandalized in 1990 and went bankrupt as a result.
Muscadine wine is really easy to make and makes for a really good way to end the day. I have some bottles in the root cellar that are getting close to 5yrs old now. I need to break out one of those. I have 30 gallons in my wine closet from last years grapes that are ready to be bottled whenever I get around to it. This reminds me I need to turn the sprinkler on for the grape vines out front.

Latest posts

Back