Survival Garden

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're working towards a survival garden (and fruit trees). Mostly, just because I'm tired of paying more and more for produce when our area is known for it's agriculture.
Plus, we use carrots for the bunnies and horses, apples for horses, etc. It would be nice to grow them vs. buying them. The reason society is getting fatter is because bad food is cheaper than good food.
With a garden, we could eat healthier without breaking the bank.

We're working towards a survival garden (and fruit trees). Mostly, just because I'm tired of paying more and more for produce when our area is known for it's agriculture.
Plus, we use carrots for the bunnies and horses, apples for horses, etc. It would be nice to grow them vs. buying them. The reason society is getting fatter is because bad food is cheaper than good food.
With a garden, we could eat healthier without breaking the bank.

We did, lemon, orange, fig, peach, grape, raspberry, blackberry and macadamia nut.

Up in New England this garden is going to be a little bit tougher since we have extremely unpredictable weather. I have to do some research on the best stuff to plant up here since we have all the weather variations.

Could always greenhouse it. They are relatively cheap to build if you use plastic sheeting or old windows.

Up in New England this garden is going to be a little bit tougher since we have extremely unpredictable weather. I have to do some research on the best stuff to plant up here since we have all the weather variations.

Yeah that gives you a challenge. I am in southern California or northern Mexico, lol, pretty much can grow year round.

i watched doomsday castle the other day...and it turns out you can plant diff things next to each other.and one is either black berry or straw berry vines which grows throw every thing.and it looks like just a area growing wild

i watched doomsday castle the other day...and it turns out you can plant diff things next to each other.and one is either black berry or straw berry vines which grows throw every thing.and it looks like just a area growing wild

You saw that too!? I liked that concept and need to find out more about it. I can't remember what they called it though.

same here...just thought..it'd work great if there was sevral of them.and each one located at diff sections of the property line just make it harder for ppl to come in and pose a threat.pluse you still have the diff foods..but gotta be carefulle after the shtf thoe

they called it a survival garden. and it definitely will help some people better than other year round. I will probably have to make a green house that would be more camouflaged since i will need to have the area heated more or less.

yeah..being up state.you'll prolly be better off going with a heated green house..and in my case.a heated green house would be for poted plants that needs taken in for the winter..then brought out for spring to fall...

Yeah I remember the survival garden part but I thought the design was called something in particular. Maybe circular? I'll Google it this weekend. I think I have that episode still on my DVR. I'll check and watch it again if I do.

We did, lemon, orange, fig, peach, grape, raspberry, blackberry and macadamia nut.
We may have to work something out Colt. . . I can't grow macadamia nuts, but I can give you mayhaws. . . oh how I love those nuts. White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies are one of my favorites.

uploadfromtaptalk1380691577341.jpg

Watched the episode again. There is a book out there on this type of garden. Reviews aren't that great on it though. I'm still toying with the idea of buying it.

We may have to work something out Colt. . . I can't grow macadamia nuts, but I can give you mayhaws. . . oh how I love those nuts. White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies are one of my favorites.
My tree is loaded it will dump in November, Mayhaws huh, never had it I read they make jelly out of the fruit, do you make jelly ? I would be down for a trade.

My tree is loaded it will dump in November, Mayhaws huh, never had it I read they make jelly out of the fruit, do you make jelly ? I would be down for a trade.
Mayhaws are ripe anywhere between late April to early May, just pends on the growing season. I do make jelly with the fruit. I can send you some jars in exchange for some of those wonderful nuts! I have some in storage right now. PM me when we can do the exchange and we can do all the details.

Mayhaws are ripe anywhere between late April to early May, just pends on the growing season. I do make jelly with the fruit. I can send you some jars in exchange for some of those wonderful nuts! I have some in storage right now. PM me when we can do the exchange and we can do all the details.
Done deal, I will pm when they are ready.

Here is a link for a book that talks about a survival garden. For those interested in it there is the first chapter of the book. Any ideas on this type of garden and how it would help in times of need? I think this is the perfect way for a Doomsday Garden.
http://www.secretgardenofsurvival.com/index.php/book-overview
depending on were u live green house gardens are pretty viable and in most places will produce something year round.

Latest posts

Back