Survival devices when there is no electricity.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Деревенщина. :)

in Russia there are many videos like killing a chain on a saw.
There is also a video on how to expel condensate from a gas cylinder so that it does not explode. There is also a video on how to saw with a grinder without a protective cover.
----
such videos are published in the "Crazy Russians" section..

=====
Scale
Look
View attachment 10978

Are you talking about a chainsaw? "expel condensate from a gas cylinder so that it does not explode" of the 50+ years of using chainsaws that one problem I haven't ran across nor heard anyone ever having that as a problem. Or are you making a general reference to diesel engines?

Are you talking about a chainsaw? "expel condensate from a gas cylinder so that it does not explode" of the 50+ years of using chainsaws that one problem I haven't ran across nor heard anyone ever having that as a problem. Or are you making a general reference to diesel engines?
there is no diesel engine in the chainsaw.
there is a 2-stroke gasoline engine.
:)
------
I was talking about the fact that there are "crazy Russians" sectors on the Russian Internet who
- sharpen chains with a file
- remove butane condensate from a gas cylinder, igniting it
- make mash and moonshine in fire extinguishers
- jumping from the roof with umbrellas
- and also jump into the ice hole with fins
- etc..
:mad:
------
here is my chain sharpener.
IMG_20200808_134601.jpg

Last edited:
@Selivan This is a picture of mostly tomato products I canned this year along with some soups at the bottom. Hopefully you can see what I am talking about. Some of the jars still have their rings and some I have taken off.View attachment 11022
wow! 👍

You have so many cans rolled up. I like it.
------
The lids on your glass jars are unknown to me. I will try to figure it out and then write the answer.

@Selivan This is a picture of mostly tomato products I canned this year along with some soups at the bottom. Hopefully you can see what I am talking about. Some of the jars still have their rings and some I have taken off.View attachment 11022

Really nice Dani! I have those same shelving units too. They are sturdy enough to withstand the weight.

wow! 👍

You have so many cans rolled up. I like it.
------
The lids on your glass jars are unknown to me. I will try to figure it out and then write the answer.
I have 5 of these type shelves that line my stockroom and 1 rolling cart that hold all my home canned goods. I try to keep them organized as much as possible 1 holds pickled items along with some dairy, 2 holds tomatoes and soups, 3 holds meats and veggies at the bottom, 4 holds fruits and veggies at the bottom and 5 hold more veggie items.

Sir, do you like living in Nature?
I read your messages and I like them, but please don't try to ask me stupid questions. 🤣
----
I was born in the USSR, grew up in a village, served in the Army, in the taiga, fought in a real War.
I ask you to never try to "catch me on mistakes ..."
You will lose ...
------
Are you a survivalist, carpenter, warrior, hunter, tracker?
- I will ask you questions
- you will answer.

- Then you ask me questions
- I will answer

You probably know what is shown in my next photo?
What is That?
IMG_20200811_145833.jpg

IMG_20200811_145844.jpg

Wish I could locate a good tea, the stuff they call tea here makes a horrid brew......
Try Billy Tea;

Small fire, pot of boiling water, throw in a few hand fulls of loose tea leaf. Boil 2 mins.
Take the billy ( small pot with U handle, swing backwards in full circle six times, then swing forward in a full circle six times ( it won't splash out so don't worry, as long as you are fairly quick )
Perfect tea ready to consume.

in my photo
- file (for metal)
- rasp (for wood) -
-----
Listen to an old Soviet anecdot about how to use "manual tools, but not complicated equipment" ..
-----
60-80 years ..
The USSR sold a disassembled military helicopter to Africa
The USSR sent Instructions, Drawings, Documentation, and other electronic equipment for the assembly of a helicopter ...
-------
The Africans have assembled the device ...
- Damn it! It's a tank! 🤣
-----
They dismantled the tank.
-----
Read the Instruction again, used sophisticated equipment .. then put it back together ..
- Damn it! It's a tank!

======
What to do?
The Africans call the Soviet Engineer from the USSR ..
The engineer reads the Instruction and laughs:
- You have not read the small print at the end of the Instruction, where it is written:
"When you assemble the tank, take a file to cut off excess metal and turn it into a helicopter.
Also, take a rasp to remove the jungle ..."

1ugly,
Yes it was a serious question but more of a “get ya thinking” post that there is a difference e between reading and having done it.
There seems to be a lot of experience here as opposed to so many that read a book and think they will rise to the occasion when they need it most. Life don’t work that way.

salting meat... how much salt is needed for a years worth of deer if that’s all the meat ya get? Etc, etc... I was just curious, I have no plans for meat other than opportunity kills and cook it all at once for the community.

Prepare a 14% solution of pickling salt. If you wish to add sugar for flavor, use 11% salt and 3% brown sugar.
Cut lean meat into strips that are about half an inch thick.
Soak them in the brine solution for five minutes. This brine solution can be re-used during the curing process for one day.
Place the soaked strips in a colander and allow to drain.
Suspend the meat strips on a line using either S-shaped hooks made of stiff wire, by tying up one end with twine or by use of metal clips.
Drying takes from 2-3 days in a dry, sunny climate. Ideal drying conditions are at 30% or less relative humidity and with a flow of warm air that stays about the same temperature through the process. Screened cages are recommended to ward off insects.

1ugly,
Yes it was a serious question but more of a “get ya thinking” post that there is a difference e between reading and having done it.
There seems to be a lot of experience here as opposed to so many that read a book and think they will rise to the occasion when they need it most. Life don’t work that way.

salting meat... how much salt is needed for a years worth of deer if that’s all the meat ya get? Etc, etc... I was just curious, I have no plans for meat other than opportunity kills and cook it all at once for the community.

I built a small solar system on a 4x8 trailer that is easily multi use, a 4 panel supply from harbor freight , 3 solar agm batteries and a 3000 watt inverter. I ended up with about $1000.00 bucks in it but I can run my essentials off of in in a time of need.

Hey AC, how is your solar system doing? Would you buy the same panels and inverter again? Why did you buy a 3000 watt inverter with less watts than that in solar panels? We are currently trying to decide on a system. Much like you, we aren’t looking to run everything, just fridge, deep freezer and LEDs.

Yes I would buy the same panels but I have upgraded the inverter to lot larger one that I picked up. i have three AGM batteries and some 12 volt led lighting that work great with the system. It will do the job just fine with a big enough battery bank and panels angled correctly. That’s the biggest problem with a portable solar panel setup is keeping it tuned for max charging ability’s.

Latest posts

Back