Survival devices when there is no electricity.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I would buy the same panels but I have upgraded the inverter to lot larger one that I picked up. i have three AGM batteries and some 12 volt led lighting that work great with the system. It will do the job just fine with a big enough battery bank and panels angled correctly. That’s the biggest problem with a portable solar panel setup is keeping it tuned for max charging ability’s.

What inverter Did you upgrade to?

ACD,

That brand is crap (Aims). If that's all you can afford, then that's it. Just be aware that it is not reliable and can fail at any time. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but just sharing the truth.

ACD,

That brand is crap (Aims). If that's all you can afford, then that's it. Just be aware that it is not reliable and can fail at any time. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but just sharing the truth.

What type do you recommend Tex? Interestingly, I had seen a YouTube guy say he put his system together with an AIMS and it worked well. His was an inverter charger. Did you go with a sine wave or inverter charger?
Aims power 6000 watt from Lowe’s, I bought it second hand but was used twice on a pontoon to run led lights for night fishing. The inverter in pure sine wave, I couldn’t afford it new it’s around $560.00. I got lucky and bought if from a guy selling his lake house on Keowee for $200.00

Thanks AC! You got a great deal! Saw someone on YouTube used the same kind on his system. It has been working for some years, but can’t remember how many he said.

Latest posts

Back