Survival devices when there is no electricity.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selivan

Banned
Reaction score
now you can buy many beautiful and smart devices that require electricity or gas.
However, if you are a Survivor or live far from the City, then you use the old tools that our grandparents used.
------
Today I took an old meat grinder, sharpened a specific 4-sided knife in this device, then cut the meat with an ordinary knife, repaired a disc ..
then made minced meat for cutlets
IMG_20200723_105420.jpg

Last edited:
have the electric version Selivan,as it would be nearly impossible to cut it with that one,as I cut my hair home.
saw that hand clipper in my favourite store like 8 months ago..

.. also bought an electric hair clipper and since then I don't go to the hairdresser
- it cost only 1,500 rubles.
- one haircut in a hairdressing salon costs at least 400 rubles
----
by the way, I have my hair cut bolb when live in nature.

I wonder if anyone uses such a device for cutting hair when there is no electricity?
View attachment 10808

I have several old clippers like that, mine shows the age, they still works good but I don't use them at least I have them never the less.

You can now grind meat without electricity, what are you doing with it afterwards without electricity?

You can now grind meat without electricity, what are you doing with it afterwards without electricity?
Котлеты
IMG_20200724_154834.jpg

ingredients: Pork with Fat and onion.
A little softened wheat bread should be added to the minced meat, then "make cutlets", roll in breadcrumbs or flour.
then fry in a pan.
use a cast iron stove in a wood stove for frying.
Personally, I know how to fry in a pan, even on the coals of a fire

Last edited:
So for each meal you grind fresh and cook? No storage required? Kill a whole hog for them meatballs? How do you preserve the rest of the animal without electricity?

So for each meal you grind fresh and cook? No storage required? Kill a whole hog for them meatballs? How do you preserve the rest of the animal without electricity?

I never keep raw ground meat, not even frozen. I brown all the ground meat except for what little bit I use for burgers or sausage right away. Burgers need to be eaten immediately, sausage can keep a little while.

Then the browned meat can easily be canned for longer term storage, but since I have electricity at the moment I vacuum pack it and freeze it after browning. Then I use it later for making spaghetti sauce, chili, etc.

Is the plan to can it when there is no power then? I know they use to “salt” meat but that takes a lot of salt doesn’t it? I’m just curious how people plan to store a deer they take or cow they kill without the modern freezer?

Latest posts

Back