Helpful Info. Survival Comms Basics

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
I thought this series would be quite beneficial. The series covers the different types of radios, but felt keep it in its entirety in this area would be the best option. Please share what radios you have chosen for your particular situation/location.

Lesson 1 - Getting Started

Lesson 2 - License Free Radios

Lesson 3 - Frequencies Bands and Range

Lesson 4 - Licensed Comms VHF UHF

Lesson 5 - Emergency Comms Kit

STN has a Google+ community you should checkout also, good stuff.

My radios:
Tyt-UVF1 with scramble mode for tactical comms

Ft-817 for HF and NVIS

Will be getting either a tyt dm-uvf10 or the new Wouxon coming out for encryption text and comms to replace the UVF1

When the money is available I plan on the KX2 being added for a field NVIS setup with the Ft-817 as a base

- Jim

Tyt-UVF1 scramble mode is simply a different word for "privacy codes", there are no encryption modes available legally in ham or commercial radios

The scrambler feature is simple voice inversion and easy to scan from a digital scanner.

I'm interested in a handheld and base unit radio that will cover approximately 50 miles in hilly terrain. Is there any non licensed radio that will work? Would a SSB radio be a good choice? Suggestions?

STN has a Google+ community you should checkout also, good stuff.

My radios:
Tyt-UVF1 with scramble mode for tactical comms

Ft-817 for HF and NVIS

Will be getting either a tyt dm-uvf10 or the new Wouxon coming out for encryption text and comms to replace the UVF1

When the money is available I plan on the KX2 being added for a field NVIS setup with the Ft-817 as a base

- Jim
STN is good people! I spoke with him on numerous occasions he knows his stuff, and is continually finding cool new items.
Also check out the following YouTube channels, CommsPrepper, GuerrillaComm, OH8STN, and TheSmokinApe

,,,a CB radio is not much good so few people use them anymore,short wave would be the way to go ,I doubt there will be a lot of people on them but at least you will be able to know what is going on in other parts of the world,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if all else fails,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2 cans and a string

Latest posts

Back