Sure glad we have global warming in the USA!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We may see a temporary reduction in postings on this forum from within the United States over the coming days as a cold , snow and ice system engulfs a very large portion of the country . My tribe already has two of our group sitting in the path of the storm in a motel for , for away , awaiting the approaching storm as they are the Government's reel to restore electricity from the downed electrical grid that is expected to happen over a huge area .

Snow and ice storms are training exercises. Been through both that shut things down for over a week. With a gas stove and pot of water boiling, you can keep things Spring like inside without power.
I would question running to a motel, what if their power goes out and how many supplies can you bring.
Been there too evacuating from a wildfire with 3 dogs and everything we could bring Living out of a hotel room fridge and microwave isn’t fun.
As I have been typing, I hear about another quake a lot closer than yesterday’s 6.3. Time to run a generator check.

When I was a kid, we lost power all the time. Once it was for a full week when we got about 3 feet of snow. Our powerlines were mostly overhead and they weren't very good. It was just something you expected and dealt with. Now it's national news anytime anyone loses power for more than an hour. It just goes to show how dependent upon it we have gotten.

When I was a kid, we lost power all the time. Once it was for a full week when we got about 3 feet of snow. Our powerlines were mostly overhead and they weren't very good. It was just something you expected and dealt with. Now it's national news anytime anyone loses power for more than an hour. It just goes to show how dependent upon it we have gotten.

I grew up in the midwest and had the same experiences. Power went out every winter for days or weeks for sure and at least once in the spring and summer. You were always ready...it wasn't prepping, just a way of life.

We may see a temporary reduction in postings on this forum from within the United States over the coming days as a cold , snow and ice system engulfs a very large portion of the country . My tribe already has two of our group sitting in the path of the storm in a motel for , for away , awaiting the approaching storm as they are the Government's reel to restore electricity from the downed electrical grid that is expected to happen over a huge area .

ERCOT, our State energy regulators, are saying they will have more than enough capacity available. We shall see. 31% comes from wind and solar. High winds are predicted, but, cloud cover.

I grew up in the midwest and had the same experiences. Power went out every winter for days or weeks for sure and at least once in the spring and summer. You were always ready...it wasn't prepping, just a way of life.
Just like having enough TP on hand to not have to make a fool of yourself at the grocery store!

Just like having enough TP on hand to not have to make a fool of yourself at the grocery store!
Laughing all the way on TP.
When my GF passed, my sister and I cleaned up our parents house in case the relatives would gather.
Besides the paper bags under kitchen sink, there was 127 cans of tuna and 113 rolls of Scott tissue. We always laughed
I have 90 rolls of Charmin and a much broader supply than tuna. Funny thing is, tuna was too expensive for us kids to have for lunch.

Latest posts

Back