Super Glue

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietH3art

Reaction score
I had to pull out my first aid kit today. It's not an official first aid kit but a conglomeration of things I have collected over the years as the result of different incidents with the dogs. I have the standard stuff like iodine, guaze pads, triple antibiotic ointment and bandaids. I also have things that don't come in your standard first aid kit - skin stapler, suture kits and ... super glue. In a pinch and some special situations, super glue is the only way you're going to hold two edges of a wound together. It definitely works, but beware that on raw, open wounds, it burns like fire.
Today, we had a bit of a dustup amongst the dogs I'm watching and one of the dogs has had his ear torn. It happened after 5pm and his owners did not want to take him to the emergency veterinarian. His "mom" was really squeaked at the idea of me putting a staple in the tear to hold it together. So, for now, he has some triple antibiotic on it, covered with a guaze pad. Once all of the capillaries seal off, I will clean it thoroughly then super glue it together so it will heal as though nothing ever happened.
The circumstance made me think that it might be a good idea to recommend that everyone get a tube of super glue for your first aid kit. You just never know.

i already do keep extra tubes of super glue on hand..i also keep the hard tubes that the actual tubes of glue come in..and i save extra flints for my zippo in one of them.and with the cap on it,they stay dry enough..

Yep. . . Works great for minor cut! I have had to use it a couple times now myself

It's common place in all security operators field kits. I've glued myself back together a couple of times.

I'd rather put a couple of quick staples in myself and be done with it. That burn is too much for me. "I've glued myself back together...." that sounds so awesome.

I use super more than Krazy. However, I now use a version by gorilla glue that lasts longer and works better..

Three gunshot wounds and 3 stab wounds all needed gluing until I could get proper med treatment. 2 of the stab wounds the doctors left the glue and gave me antibiotics..

Yes just as fast as the regular. and bonds instantly to skin..

And on that subject, what do you use to get the glue off? I've always used nail polish remover. Is there something that maybe isn't so cumbersome? or smelly?

thanks, another thing to get from shop,besides duct-tape, hope that if I need to apply superglue I won't be squemish about the burn ;)

You have some kind of life there Ronin! Personally, never been shot or stabbed, though come close more than a few times.

I always keep super glue in my first aid kits. Bonds skin instantly. Don't use the gel, use the liquid kind. I like super glue over krazy or gorilla glue. Just seems to dry faster. Like others said, I just let it come off naturally.

Also, be sure to wait for it to FULLY dry before then covering the area with a bandage! (and then, only if you really think it needs it). Try to keep clothing away from the wound area too.

My hands stuck to the dog's ear... then when I was able to get them loose without pulling the tear apart, I had dog hair stuck to my fingers. Then his ear stuck to his back because his head was turned. Hey, I can do this. I just need 2 extra hands!
Then I went to the dollar store for acetone nail polish remover and the cashier looked at me funny because I had dog hair stuck to my fingers. I said "What? That's why I'm buying this stuff!"

bet that had to be a funny shight..lol..if it was me..and knowing me as i do..i prolly would of at least said.im part wearwolf...lol

If I do need to wash it off, usually just hot water and some dish detergent at least gets the majority of it off. If you do it fairly quickly.

now I have some of that stuff, if you need to stich,where do you get the needles and thread for that kind of operation??

In a pinch, you can use sewing needles and thread. I had to do that once on a show dog that tore open his leg on a weekend. I order suture kits from Jeffers supply here in the states. You can order a lot of first aid items from pet and livestock supply houses.

That's where I got the stapler and staple remover too.

You have some kind of life there Ronin! Personally, never been shot or stabbed, though come close more than a few times.

I always keep super glue in my first aid kits. Bonds skin instantly. Don't use the gel, use the liquid kind. I like super glue over krazy or gorilla glue. Just seems to dry faster. Like others said, I just let it come off naturally.

Also, be sure to wait for it to FULLY dry before then covering the area with a bandage! (and then, only if you really think it needs it). Try to keep clothing away from the wound area too.

Gaz!! Being a Body guard and military contractor has put me in very dangerous and awkward situations for sure.. 2 of the stab wounds where from stalker cases here state side. The third was a piece of an old knife in an IED, I still count that as being stabbed just with explosives. lol. The three times I've been shot were 2 grazing shots and one in the vest. Although they didn't feel like anything grazed me. One of those burrowed out a large chunk of my left knee. Hurt like hell when I finally saw it!! lol

Latest posts

Back