Stupid taxes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inmarinen

Banned
Reaction score
It looks like the government is bullying the citizens.
Russia has the stupidest tax in the world.. Tax "for road users".

This tax depends on the power of the engine and does not depend on the distance you drive during the year.
See:
1. You have an off-road vehicle with more than 200 hp. You drive it 1 time a week to the store for food. Just 3 km away.
Your tax is 15 thousand rubles

This is my old SUV
02072011044.jpg

2. You have a car with a power of less than 100 hp. You drive it every day for 100 km.
Your tax is 1 thousand rubles.

Very stupid.
The Parliament tried to abolish this tax. They wanted to count the tax on the use of gasoline.

But it didn't work out.

I'm wondering, what are the stupidest taxes in America?

Last edited:
Similar to the UK, We tax vehicles based on size, weight, emissions, fuel type etc Petrol is 695 ruble a gallon (4.54 lites) Gotta find the money for Vlads Mega Dachas someplace

Jentmens..
I say about all stupid taxes.
Not Only for cars.
Capitol gains tax. You invest money that you already paid tax on and take the risk. If it works they take a rather large cut. Land tax. I know schools need money. I don't feel that I get to have any input as to what they teach. " Taxation without representation." was a battle cry here. I complain because it is my largest tax.
I hope the translation goes well.

Schools really don't need money right now. I just read an article (Fox News, Stephen Moore) that was discussing a school district that will be returning money, a few hundred to each household. The students have not been to school in about a year because of covid. No building stuff needs to go on, minimal maintenance, no sports, I'm guessing less staff..... Biden was just saying he was going to give schools alot more taxpayer money. Why? I'm sure it makes the teacher's unions happy.

@Inmarinen

What do you complain? I'm in Switzerland, we're paying taxes for the number plates, depends which area you're living it's based on engine size, horsepower, car weight or an combination of them. Nobody cares if you even drive. Further we have really high taxes on fuel, new even higher with an "CO2-additional" which will raise up to 50cts / litre in the next years. And as it's not enough we pay highway taxes 40 bucks a year - will increase in the next time up to 100 bucks.
As well there are traffic taxes for bikes, motorbicycles, e-bikes...
bicycles are free from taxes.

@Inmarinen

What do you complain? I'm in Switzerland, we're paying taxes for the number plates, depends which area you're living it's based on engine size, horsepower, car weight or an combination of them. Nobody cares if you even drive. Further we have really high taxes on fuel, new even higher with an "CO2-additional" which will raise up to 50cts / litre in the next years. And as it's not enough we pay highway taxes 40 bucks a year - will increase in the next time up to 100 bucks.
As well there are traffic taxes for bikes, motorbicycles, e-bikes...
bicycles are free from taxes.

as I understand,
you, in Switzerland, pay car tax + road use tax.

in Russia, these 2 taxes are combined into one tax!

I am willing to pay tax for a car of high power and weight.
but I don't have to pay a lot of road tax if I rarely drive.

for example, it should be like this:
- I have a powerful car, I pay 3 thousand rubles.
- my neighbor has a small car, he pays 1 thousand rubles

I rarely drive on the roads, which means that the tax for using the roads, as a percentage of gasoline, should be small, for example, 500 rubles.

my neighbor travels often, which means he must pay more, for example, 5 thousand rubles

thus..
I pay 3500 rubles
he pays 6,000 rubles

this is true.

It looks like the government is bullying the citizens.
Russia has the stupidest tax in the world.. Tax "for road users".

This tax depends on the power of the engine and does not depend on the distance you drive during the year.
See:
1. You have an off-road vehicle with more than 200 hp. You drive it 1 time a week to the store for food. Just 3 km away.
Your tax is 15 thousand rubles

This is my old SUV
View attachment 12205

2. You have a car with a power of less than 100 hp. You drive it every day for 100 km.
Your tax is 1 thousand rubles.

Very stupid.
The Parliament tried to abolish this tax. They wanted to count the tax on the use of gasoline.

But it didn't work out.

I'm wondering, what are the stupidest taxes in America?
We have so many stupid taxes its hard to list them all here, but here's a few. Capital gain taxes, inheritance tax or death tax, school tax even if you don't have kids in school, library tax, cemetery tax, sales tax, income tax, property tax, "use" tax, etc.
Everything in the US is taxed, regulated, licensed and controlled.

Originally, I think that's what was promoted. Like the extra gas tax to improve roads. The lottery money was supposed to go to education and directly help students. Alcohol and cigarette tax was for education. Problem is, I wonder if they really go to that.

Originally, I think that's what was promoted. Like the extra gas tax to improve roads. The lottery money was supposed to go to education and directly help students. Alcohol and cigarette tax was for education. Problem is, I wonder if they really go to that.
Any excuse to justify a tax. And some people actually believe their BS.

Latest posts

Back