Stuffed Gulf Coast Red Snapper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danil54grl

Top Poster
Reaction score
This is the recipe I use for my seafood stuffing. It comes from a cookbook that my mom gave me for Christmas years ago called Cotton Country. I used this as a guideline when making tuna and salmon patties but instead of Worcestershire, I will put in Tiger Sauce instead.

1 medium onion, finely minced
8 tablespoons butter
2 ribs celery, finely diced
1/4 green pepper, finely chopped
1 lb shrimp (Use either small or you can chop up)
1 small can mushrooms
1/2 lb crabmeat
Pinch of thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
3-1/2 oz white cooking wine
4 fresh snapper fillets
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Sauté onions, celery and green pepper until tender. Add shrimp and mushrooms with their liquid, sautéing until shrimp are pink. Add crabmeat, thyme, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, cream and enough bread crumbs to hold the whole thing together or to stretch the dressing to desired proportions. Salt and pepper to taste. Add white wine and dash of cayenne. Lay 2 red snapper fillet in pan. Place generous scoops of dressing over each and place the other fillets of top. Place 2 tablespoons butter on each along with the lemon juice. Sprinkle the fish with Tony’s seasonings and bake at 350° until tender and flakey.

This is the recipe I use for my seafood stuffing. It comes from a cookbook that my mom gave me for Christmas years ago called Cotton Country. I used this as a guideline when making tuna and salmon patties but instead of Worcestershire, I will put in Tiger Sauce instead.

1 medium onion, finely minced
8 tablespoons butter
2 ribs celery, finely diced
1/4 green pepper, finely chopped
1 lb shrimp (Use either small or you can chop up)
1 small can mushrooms
1/2 lb crabmeat
Pinch of thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
3-1/2 oz white cooking wine
4 fresh snapper fillets
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Sauté onions, celery and green pepper until tender. Add shrimp and mushrooms with their liquid, sautéing until shrimp are pink. Add crabmeat, thyme, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, cream and enough bread crumbs to hold the whole thing together or to stretch the dressing to desired proportions. Salt and pepper to taste. Add white wine and dash of cayenne. Lay 2 red snapper fillet in pan. Place generous scoops of dressing over each and place the other fillets of top. Place 2 tablespoons butter on each along with the lemon juice. Sprinkle the fish with Tony’s seasonings and bake at 350° until tender and flakey.

Thank you! That sounds delicious :D

I cook red snapper by a recipe I reverse engineered from a Greek restaurant in Jackson, MS.
Ingredients:
Red Snapper filets
Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs
Olive Oil.
Milk
Egg​

Soak the snapper in milk with an egg beaten in. Don't ask proportions I always fly by the seat of my pants when making it, LOL
Dredge the snapper in Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs. I tried other brands, and it's not the same.
Pan fry the snapper in olive oil, sprinkling more bread crumbs on it to give it a good thick coating. Be careful to not overcook, it needs to be firm and flaky, not mushy.

Latest posts

Back