Storm Season - kicking off right on time

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Well, as some know, Hurricane Season just started here in the US, and man, right out of the gate, a named storm off our coast. We're currently getting rained on by Tropical Storm Colin. I suspect we'll keep getting dumped on here for most of the week.

Even yesterday, we had some good gusts. I had bought an above ground pool from someone, and was loading up all of the components. Was decent weather, but it turned nasty quickly. Wind kicked up to about 30mph, and then the sky opened up. Drenched us within just a couple of minutes. Looked like we just went in the river with all of our clothes on.

Was like a ghost town driving to work. I can remote in, but the wife can't yet, so we had to make the drive.

We're always decently prepped, so no worries there, but a good reminder to all in affected states to have some things ready, prepper or not. During Hurricane Season, every Floridian is a prepper to SOME degree.

We even offer emergency boarding (for those who normally pasture board their horse, but don't want them out in a named storm) nightly. How's that for capitalizing on a bad situation? ;) But really, it started more as a concern for the animals. We have more stall space than the pastures can normally graze, so makes sense to offer such short stays too.

Anyhow, stay safe all!

You're right about most floridians being a prepper to some degree. I was prepping before I knew what it was. We just thought it was common sense. Good luck with the weather.

Watched the news about it last night..im sure glad that im in texas right now.6or more inches in some areas.that'dflood us out right now.and here we are on high ground..lol... be safe and dont drown

Wow, my office is actually closing early due to the storm. That never happens.
Hope you fared well. My MIL in DeLand barely noticed anything at all, but I know the west coast got hit a little harder. Hope you are warm and dry tonight.

We're pretty high and dry, but the flooding kept the office closed Tue as well, so we all worked remotely. I enjoyed not having to make the drive. I get more done at home anyhow, though can't convince them of that.

Anyhoo, most fared through it pretty well. Luckily, we had a few storm-free years where a lot of cities improved their drainage, etc., and it really paid off here. May have prevented traffic, but at least damage was to a minimum.

Was some REALLY torrential rain. I mean the kind you just can't see in, which is why I was staying home whether we closed or not. Not worth the risk when I can burn PTO to not risk it. Didn't even have to do that though...so that was nice.

Latest posts

Back