Storm Prep

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
So it looks like we are going to get slammed. My wife is off work for the next two days in anticipation of bad conditions.

She is the type that only thinks about these things at the 11th hour. She starts panicking and wants my son to go get "some basic supplies" at the store. She starts rounding up battery powered emergency lights and wants me to get some batteries. "You better charge up all your devices!" she says.

"What basic supplies are you talking about?" I ask.

I calmly explain that we have every kind of basic supply we need. "We have an inverter. We can power all our devices, coffee maker, fans, TVs, computers and charge our devices."

"Inverter? What are you going to do, hook it up to the car?" she asks.

So I go grab one of the 125 AH batteries and plop it down on the floor in front of her.

"THIS!"

"How long will it last?" She asks.

"I can charge it with the generator"

"GENERATOR? We have a Generator?"

"You know that big green thing inside the storage room by the door. That's a generator. We can't use the generator inside, so I charge the batteries with it and run the inverter with the batteries."

"Why can't we use the generator inside?"

"Exhaust."

"Oh."

The panic starts to subside...

Last edited:
So what do you call someone who becomes a prepper only when an event is imminent?

11th Hour Prepper?
Panic Prepper?
Last Minute Prepper?

LOL! If they wait until everyone else panics, then they are a SOL Prepper, or maybe a Prepper Wannabe, or a Day-Late-And-Dollar-Short Prepper. :)

to me..thatd be someone that aint prepared..they may end up with whats needed in the way of prepps for times like that..but might not be prepared mentally.i hope all yall are prepared every way possible for whats to come,when it comes to the weather..

So what do you call someone who becomes a prepper only when an event is imminent?

11th Hour Prepper?
Panic Prepper?
Last Minute Prepper?

LOL! If they wait until everyone else panics, then they are a SOL Prepper, or maybe a Prepper Wannabe, or a Day-Late-And-Dollar-Short Prepper. :)
I say they're a doomed prepper

to me..thatd be someone that aint prepared..they may end up with whats needed in the way of prepps for times like that..but might not be prepared mentally.i hope all yall are prepared every way possible for whats to come,when it comes to the weather..
I am.... but then I live in Southern Kalifornia.

I'm just poking some fun at my wife and at her 11th hour histrionics. She knew full well that we had a generator, but in the panic of the moment forgot all about it. And I'm wondering about how many people out there take the same approach to "prepping." (if you look at the lines at the supermarket when a crisis is already unfolding, it must be a lot of them)

It's not just prepping for disaster, my wife waits until the last minute for preparing for everything. She seems to thrive on panic, creating conditions for panic at every opportunity. A sort of "crisis management" mentality.

We'll be going on a trip and everyone is ready to walk out the door, and she's just started packing, and gets mad when everyone else is not panicking along with her. Of course we're all just sitting around waiting because we had everything ready before she even started getting ready, but in her mind we're not getting ready to go.

She is always in one of two modes:

1) Everything is fine, everything will happen according to (her) plan, no need to plan for contingencies
2) The sky is falling

She always takes the route that, if all the traffic lights are green the whole way and there is not any traffic, will be the quickest route. I take the route that if we have to stop at all the traffic lights and there is heavy traffic, will be the quickest rout. She gets mad if I don't take her route...and when we get stuck in traffic going her route, she get's mad at the other drivers.

my mom is same way about routes and traffic.i've taken my own route more then once.and most times it proved to be quiekest..and thatd be from no traffic to quiet a bit of traffic.and when comes to heading to town.im always first one ready.and end up doing lilttle things to help her finesh geting ready..even then we're 5 to 15 minutes late leaveing.

I'm just poking some fun at my wife and at her 11th hour histrionics. She knew full well that we had a generator, but in the panic of the moment forgot all about it. And I'm wondering about how many people out there take the same approach to "prepping." (if you look at the lines at the supermarket when a crisis is already unfolding, it must be a lot of them)

It's not just prepping for disaster, my wife waits until the last minute for preparing for everything. She seems to thrive on panic, creating conditions for panic at every opportunity. A sort of "crisis management" mentality.

We'll be going on a trip and everyone is ready to walk out the door, and she's just started packing, and gets mad when everyone else is not panicking along with her. Of course we're all just sitting around waiting because we had everything ready before she even started getting ready, but in her mind we're not getting ready to go.

She is always in one of two modes:

1) Everything is fine, everything will happen according to (her) plan, no need to plan for contingencies
2) The sky is falling

She always takes the route that, if all the traffic lights are green the whole way and there is not any traffic, will be the quickest route. I take the route that if we have to stop at all the traffic lights and there is heavy traffic, will be the quickest rout. She gets mad if I don't take her route...and when we get stuck in traffic going her route, she get's mad at the other drivers.
so You need a gag and shackles for her to be prepped :):)

Latest posts

Back