Storing water

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

me1982

Reaction score
Good day,
I'm new in this field of prepping and I have a question about water storage.

In my country we have many 150-200 litres water heaters. (In every house).
Therefore there are many used ones.
They are made of metal (Therefor opaque), they have insulation, made for storing water and have all the fittings necessary. Can they be used for long term water storage?

I was also thinking of connecting this water storage as an integral part of the water system in the house (or garden), which will make sure the water are constantly rotated.
IMG_0162.jpg

Would love to here your advise.

great idea..and yeah,i dont see why not..it's just a matter of getting the pipe/plumbing hooked up right where they work with home and garden alike....are those solar panal heaters on the far side of them?thatd be a extra pluse for you if they are..

Every house here has one installed with a solar panel.
What I was interested in is getting a few of those only for storage.

good idea i believe for water storage..but I'm wondering if it'd be a good idea to make sure that you can circulate the water when needed..that way it'll stay good longer

Are you using tap water or have a natural sorce of water ? Many people with a natural spring running on their property will let the water run into their storage container and let it just overflow to keep the water from becomeing stagnant . You run a water line down hill to the container and have the overflow drain off to where you want .

Every house here has one installed with a solar panel.
What I was interested in is getting a few of those only for storage.
I had heard that every home in Israel had to have a solar wtr htr and a safe room, but did not know if it was true. I think Israel has it's shit together better than most countries. I would love to get a look at the solar water heater design up close, I hope to get some kind of pre heater put together this coming year. I think you're on to a great idea for storage if you can get these used tanks cheaply. Since there allready set for plumbing it should be cake to hook them up together to increase your capacity. I wish you well, hope if can visit your country one day.

Good day,
I'm new in this field of prepping and I have a question about water storage.

In my country we have many 150-200 litres water heaters. (In every house).
Therefore there are many used ones.
They are made of metal (Therefor opaque), they have insulation, made for storing water and have all the fittings necessary. Can they be used for long term water storage?

I was also thinking of connecting this water storage as an integral part of the water system in the house (or garden), which will make sure the water are constantly rotated.
IMG_0162.jpg

Would love to here your advise.
Just caught the hot glue gun!

I doubt they all have Solar as in powered by Solar panels, it's probably like we had in Kuwait when I was over there for OIF. For a couple months while we in garrison, we were in a barracks at Camp Arifjan and the water for the showers came from the tanks on the roof that were just heated by the sun and the 140F temps we got most of the summer. We were in tents during the colder months and had to shower in the trailers then and I don't know how the water was heated then, probably Diesel or electric power. I also noticed homes in the Kuwaiti cities we traveled through had big black or blue plastic water tanks on the roofs.

Latest posts

Back