Stores for BPV, gas masks, etc

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as many here know I'm what you call an "active reservist" and as long as that goes,I'll get to have some gear at home.
I'm not overly happy at that vest they tend to issue us as it's heavy,cumbersome and shitty to carry,so I got my self some time ago a pc.
lately I've been thinking about side protection for that as it has none, yes I could buy some pockets for it,but I've decided to make my own,once
those are done you'll get pics in the "this weeks preps" thread.

any experience in running around with a vest??

Yes, make sure no-one can see the damn thing. You will just get a headshot...I trained enough police and anti-terror personal and wore mine months on end. There are lighter ones from a company in South America. Can't even see if it is a vest or just a light windbreaker/jacket. Back in the '80s & '90s, they were heavy and mine stopped a .357 at only 6 ft. Since it was "ruined" we practiced on it with other calibers also. A Scorpion at .32, cal. / .38 / .45 / 9mm. It stopped all within 4 layers of Kevlar. THEN I decided to try my Russian TOKAREV at Cal. 7.62...The slug went through all 8 layers from the back and 6 layers OF THE FRONT ALSO! That would have hurt. Let no-one know or see your vest, or else it can no longer be considered insurance...GP

The new trend for rifle caliber PISTOLS or SBR's is troublesome. Level 3 soft body will not stop these rounds. If you want rifle caliber protection, you are looking at level 4 hard plate body armor and I believe some rifle cartridges will penetrate level 4 plate armor. Scary times.

One of the weapons I found and used in Croatia was the German Mauser : M1948 7.62 Cal. x 7.9 casing. It had hard sights out to 2000 meters!! We could use it as a sniper rifle and shoot through a 6 inch thick tree or through single brick walls...if you're gonna get hit these days, it'll be through something bigger and badder that we normalos can afford. The vest will assure that you can still be able to be an ORGAN TRANSPLANT DONATION person...GP

I have had 2 motorcycle accidents, 3 car, 2 sniper near-misses, 4 electric shocks, 1 gas explosion, fell out of a 27 foot tree, off a 40 foot scaffold, (saved by a harness) down a 120 foot ravine in a mudslide, up to 6 hour long firefights and 3 food poisonings . If it is your time to go, nothing will change it. If life still has a few adventures in store, move fast and enjoy.
LIFE TOMORROW is promised to no man. Live free, TODAY. GP

The new trend for rifle caliber PISTOLS or SBR's is troublesome. Level 3 soft body will not stop these rounds. If you want rifle caliber protection, you are looking at level 4 hard plate body armor and I believe some rifle cartridges will penetrate level 4 plate armor. Scary times.
Yes, we always live in scary times. Sometimes scarier than others. Sometimes the ammunition develops faster than the armor, sometimes the armor is ahead....

Latest posts

Back