Store milk for a year without refrigeration

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Milk storage option.
I've been purchasing these Gossner foods premium milk in 1 quart containers for about a year and a half storing them in the pantry having them on rotation, these taste as good if not better than any 1% milk you pick up locally. Chill before use, the milk in the photo was purchased in March 2016 with an expiration date of Feb 16th 2017, keep refrigerated after opening, will last 14 days in the frig after opening. I've seen these at the dollar tree for a $1.00, Walmart, Costco, Bi-Mart though a little more than a buck. These can also be ordered from the Dollar Tree on line: https://www.dollartree.com/Xtreme-V...s/1155c653c653p338437/index.pro?method=search

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

Interesting product. The first thing I was curious about was the label, and you did a great job showing it all. I'm guessing palmate is some sort of preservative? Either way, I figured it would have been loaded with chemicals to keep it fresh, but it looked better than most stuff on the grocery shelves. I did a bunch of mason jars with powdered milk and oxy absorbers, but this looks like a good alternative that's much easier.

Cool, I thought powdered or evaporated were the only solutions to this.

i've seen the milk at dollar tree before.but didn't know that wal mart had it.guess i need to look for it there,the next time im in wal mart..and it's great,being able to order it on line..

I'm still suspicious of warm milk, but will give it a try when I see it. Im not a big fan of the powdered stuff, but it's fine for cooking and coffee creamer in a pinch.

I'm still suspicious of warm milk, but will give it a try when I see it. Im not a big fan of the powdered stuff, but it's fine for cooking and coffee creamer in a pinch.

Once you chill it you wouldn't even know it was stored on the shelf, I've been impressed since I began purchasing this for over a year, I still purchase powder milk and still use my unpasteurized milk, it does give me an alternative in storing.

Milk storage option.
I've been purchasing these Gossner foods premium milk in 1 quart containers for about a year and a half storing them in the pantry having them on rotation, these taste as good if not better than any 1% milk you pick up locally. Chill before use, the milk in the photo was purchased in March 2016 with an expiration date of Feb 16th 2017, keep refrigerated after opening, will last 14 days in the frig after opening. I've seen these at the dollar tree for a $1.00, Walmart, Costco, Bi-Mart though a little more than a buck. These can also be ordered from the Dollar Tree on line: https://www.dollartree.com/Xtreme-V...s/1155c653c653p338437/index.pro?method=search

View attachment 5736
View attachment 5737
View attachment 5738
View attachment 5739
View attachment 5740
This looks like a great product. The milk is less than $1 per quart when ordered by the case from the manufacturer. Check out the other products from this company.

http://www.gossner.com/shop/

Last edited:
I mostly use milk only for cooking, so we've pretty much gone the powdered route in the past. Worth trying though.

Publix, and probably most other supermarkets have Parmalat brand, No Fat, Low Fat, Reduced Fat and Whole Milk, all with no preservatives. Parmalat has been in the Ultra High Temperature Pasteurization business for a long time. Sometimes I can taste a faint powdered milk taste, but most of the time it tastes just like fresh milk. The shelf life is longer than powdered whole milk. I keep some in the refrigerator for emergencies (refrigerated, the shelf life is very very long)

Non-refrigerated liquid milk is available for $1 per waterproofed box at Dollar Tree stores around here, for those who don't like powdered milk, just as Maverick posted.

Sorry just seeing this post, where was I last year during may? Oh yeah, working my butt off in the garden and kitchen . I have canned milk before and kept it hanging around on shelves for about 6 months . . stayed good and didnt change much on taste. I wasn't willing to push past the 6 month mark though. I do have a friend who said she was Willi g to give it a go, but I'm still waiting to see if she actually does and how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back