Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Good day to you.
I am an uber new at this.
How do I store the seeds you sell for later use?
Do they have an expiration date?

Thanks

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
They come in a mylar bag which you can just toss in the freezer! We always quote at least ten years but it can much last longer than that! the idea is to keep them cool and in a dark place if the freezer isn't an option. most of our customer's open the bags when they receive them (which I would too) and then reseal them with an iron. You can take out what you need and the reseal it again.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
They come in a mylar bag which you can just toss in the freezer! We always quote at least ten years but it can much last longer than that! the idea is to keep them cool and in a dark place if the freezer isn't an option. most of our customer's open the bags when they receive them (which I would too) and then reseal them with an iron. You can take out what you need and the reseal it again.
extended time in a freezer won't damage the seeds?

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
The longer they are stored after the ten year mark, the germination rates will start to decline but you will still have a good yield. On our website there is a story about a seed that was found older than 2000 years. They germinated it and it grew! I don't plan on living that long but it really is a Food Insurance for your family and a good bartering item!

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
The longer they are stored after the ten year mark, the germination rates will start to decline but you will still have a good yield. On our website there is a story about a seed that was found older than 2000 years. They germinated it and it grew! I don't plan on living that long but it really is a Food Insurance for your family and a good bartering item!
Some days I feel like I am 2000 years old.

Do your packs come with directions on how to grow them?
Sorry if these questions seem lame, but I have lived my whole life with cement under my feet.

jeepgirl

My Seed Cellar
Reaction score
I feel that way too! I grew up in an apartment so I understand the hesitance on gardening but if I can do it, anyone can! All seed kits come with a 4 page instruction sheets and we are more than happy to answer any question anyone has. I personally walked a woman the other day through indoor gardening through email once she received our seeds. She told me they sprouted within a week and now she's good to go!

Latest posts