Stop The Bleeding

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
Here is a product that I feel no first aid kit should be with out! It is called Quick Clot! I found 25 g and 50 g packages. The 25 g. package costs $10.99 and the 50 g is $18.50.

The site is found is Sunflower Ammo.com

1289249720453825856754.jpeg

I have been seeing a lot " FAK " With the quick clot, I think you are right, gotta have it. Nice site, the blister medic with the pre cut moleskin, I usually don't get blisters from my boots, but we take a lot of people rock climbing and i cant tell you how much moleskin i have been through. On that subject i cant believe how much people are unprepared to go out in the woods or anywhere for that matter. Most bring a cliff bar a pint of water and a cell phone. Well that pint is gone in the first half hour, then goes the cliff bar now they are thirsty. We have not even reached the rock yet. I had one guy show up in flip flops WTH !! This is after we tell them what to bring. Some people have no business being out of the city.

I have been seeing a lot " FAK " With the quick clot, I think you are right, gotta have it. Nice site, the blister medic with the pre cut moleskin, I usually don't get blisters from my boots, but we take a lot of people rock climbing and i cant tell you how much moleskin i have been through. On that subject i cant believe how much people are unprepared to go out in the woods or anywhere for that matter. Most bring a cliff bar a pint of water and a cell phone. Well that pint is gone in the first half hour, then goes the cliff bar now they are thirsty. We have not even reached the rock yet. I had one guy show up in flip flops WTH !! This is after we tell them what to bring. Some people have no business being out of the city.
I agree. those we usually see on the news... you know the hiker who hasn't been seen for 3 days.
I don't do rock or mountain climbing. You won't see me climbing El Capitan or Half Dome.

I agree. those we usually see on the news... you know the hiker who hasn't been seen for 3 days.
I don't do rock or mountain climbing. You won't see me climbing El Capitan or Half Dome.
One advantage is, we can climb places most people cant go. taking the high ground !!!

quik clot is good and one should also carry celox in gauze along with granule form. the quik clot is primarily for arterial use. it is limited in size coverage for the bleeding as well. celox gauze and granules can be used on much larger wounds. my advice is carry all three products.

Here is a product that I feel no first aid kit should be with out! It is called Quick Clot! I found 25 g and 50 g packages. The 25 g. package costs $10.99 and the 50 g is $18.50.

The site is found is Sunflower Ammo.com

1289249720453825856754.jpeg
yea need to get me some of those for my kit! like that you got the sponges ! i heard that if you get the granules and you dont administer correctly you can cause more damage then good.

oh also i know 10 bucks isnt much but if you cannot afford it , cyanne pepper is a great clotting agent! amongst many other things. GOOGLE IT! lol

quik clot is good and one should also carry celox in gauze along with granule form. the quik clot is primarily for arterial use. it is limited in size coverage for the bleeding as well. celox gauze and granules can be used on much larger wounds. my advice is carry all three products.
I worked on an ambulance after high school, and the rule was ABC, meaning airway, breathing and circulation. Sometimes just straightening their neck can help open the airway. (Be careful if there was trauma as a broken neck should not be moved). If they aren't breathing, start blowing! And then address any bleeding or restriction of the circulatory system. Stopping bleeding can be as simple as pressure applied at the site, and last resort being a tournekett. I strongly advise everyone serious about prepping either taking a course or at least reading a book on first responding. Sometimes you can keep someone alive by simple measures until they get more advanced help. I can't believe they don't teach stuff like this in high school.

oh also i know 10 bucks isnt much but if you cannot afford it , cyanne pepper is a great clotting agent! amongst many other things. GOOGLE IT! lol
There's a new one! I'll add that to all the odd little facts in the back of my brain!

Apply pressure...........Apply pressure............Apply pressure........... Then , maybe ?..............Cauterize ?...............Nah , just a couple of well placed sutures .

Apply pressure...........Apply pressure............Apply pressure........... Then , maybe ?..............Cauterize ?...............Nah , just a couple of well placed sutures .
While in the army I was a 91delta, or surgical assistant. We use a bovie pen, which is a small electro cautery tool to burn the small bleeders. Anything bigger would use absorbable stitches. In an emergency most small bleeders will clot on their own, but anything spurting or flowing needs some help quickly.

rappel !!
That kind of sounds fun! I saw a show once where this guy was 'hang dawging', he was climbing a vertical rock face with no safety gear whatsoever. I guess the adrenalin rush was important to him, but it amazes me how little some people value life.

That kind of sounds fun! I saw a show once where this guy was 'hang dawging', he was climbing a vertical rock face with no safety gear whatsoever. I guess the adrenalin rush was important to him, but it amazes me how little some people value life.

Yeah no free climbing for me, we are way to safe for that.

Last edited:
climbing a vertical rock face with no safety gear whatsoever. I guess the adrenalin rush was important to him, but it amazes me how little some people value life

There's somethin' not right in the head with such folks...that's for sure.

If you are using a clotting agent and the grid is up or down please send or attach the package to patients.
Apply pressuer, repete, pack, apply pressure, replete! If it is slow leak superficial it or scrape, a fast bleed dark red, bandage, pressure, elevation.
Spurting, a good bit to a lot of 4×4 or abd pads a lot of pressure, this may slow, and the 6" above an artery if it is severed don't always work!
Seams better to go as high on limb and put on the CAT. If you are using only a clotting agent you better have more than one pkg. 3-6 pigs, and if you have pack the hole, tear, cut, amputation with a clotting gauze, and build a bird nest then fill the nest with gauze and clotting agent.

Good luck, be safe, and God bless
Apply pressure................. replete............apply pressure...........

Latest posts

Back