Stock market swing?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntboy13

Reaction score
So I'm not the most experienced individual and I surely haven't been around long enough to know what to look for. However, to my understanding, this swinging market is not really a good thing. Does it spell impending doom? Prolly not, but it still has me a slight bit uneasy. I was just wondering what others thought about this data. I know that the stock market is a rather poor indicator of the true economy, but still, I believe there is something to be said for some of the different trends. Let me hear what's up in your noggin! I want to hear it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 5
As my biggist asset is my retirement fund and alot of it is in stocks I do get concerned from time to time but what realy concerns me is if some big wig in the Corp I work for makes some crazy decision and runs it into the ground . Iv put about 1/3 of it into our own company .

As my biggist asset is my retirement fund and alot of it is in stocks I do get concerned from time to time but what realy concerns me is if some big wig in the Corp I work for makes some crazy decision and runs it into the ground . Iv put about 1/3 of it into our own company .
I too have a little in my own company, but 95% is in mutual funds that are more conservative than most advisors like. The market swings so wildly now, I just don't see it as a good sign. I have 11 yrs to retire, but like the safer investements with less growth. I have 25% going into a little more aggressive growth funds. Hell, I'm not even sure I believe the stocks will have any value left by retirement, but I guess prepping is about covering as many things as you can.

Yes wild swings Gold was down like $30 on Thursday, Friday up +$25. The Dow has likewise swung wildly this last week. I am expecting a massive crash in less than 9 months, there is no good news left on fundamentals. Oil, coal, iron ore, zinc, lead, copper (main indicator of world economy) are all below 2009 crash prices.

"There's an adage on Wall Street that the early days of the year are a good predictor of the full-year.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/30/investing/stocks-market-worst-january/index.html?iid=mkt_SF_news
150130162402-january-2015-bad-620xa.png

And then just like magic it was back up again on phony job news. The "good" statistics in the employment stats are largely due to illegals taking part time and unskilled jobs away from citizens. Meanwhile Uncle Sam is raking in record high revenue.

I put very little faith in the stock market anymore since 1999 and 2007 been a very big disappointment. As of 2008/09 none of my money is invested in the market. The money in the market appears to trade hands on speculation, fears and gossip damned the profits, debt, unemployment (the real numbers) employment (only 44% pay taxes) I see the same thing today that lead up to 1999 and 2007 nothing but superficial numbers.

The market no longer counts the real numbers instead moves on cooked numbers, I don't trust the market and as far as I am concern it is nothing more than a ponzi scheme riding the wave of crony capitalism in my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Maverick, you are absolutely right.

I have one investment left on the stock market, it scares the sh!t out of me having it there and I'm about to shut it down and get my money out while there's something to get.

A lot of people say Sep this year will be interesting, who knows, but I don't plan to care much by then.

Latest posts

Back