Stock Market Impact

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell we couldn't even win in Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam. Who thinks that we could possibly beat China in a shooting war? Our only chance of beating China is to stop buying their crap!!
And the rest of the world too! That will bring them to their knees in more ways than one.

The only reason those billion and a half people put up with the CCP before is because they had steady jobs and made more money and had better things than their parents did. The Chinese value conformity over individuality, but they value money over conformity. Take their money away and you've got a billion and a half angry people!

The Dow is up over 34,000 today. No doubt that there will be a correction coming some day. Until then its been a great ride. Some "experts" are predicting that it'll hit 40,000 this year. Good times financially, while most everything else sucks thanks to the commie democrats. Look for that pot of gold wherever you can.

I bought the stocks I mentioned on page one. I bought ten stocks at $1000 each, or $10,000. This is my "play account' that keeps me from mucking around in my retirement account. So a week ago, I have been in the account one year, and the yield is 145%, so the account now stands at $24,000. I too am expecting a big correction soon, so I have some more cash and intend on "buying the dip" again. Sure, the money already in there will crash, but it will recover. Just don't panic and sell at the bottom. All that matters is the day you buy, and the day you sell. Everything in between is irrelevant. Also, it was not the stock picks that counted, it was the timing. Almost any well known, long established company would have done this well.

I bought the stocks I mentioned on page one. I bought ten stocks at $1000 each, or $10,000. This is my "play account' that keeps me from mucking around in my retirement account. So a week ago, I have been in the account one year, and the yield is 145%, so the account now stands at $24,000. I too am expecting a big correction soon, so I have some more cash and intend on "buying the dip" again. Sure, the money already in there will crash, but it will recover. Just don't panic and sell at the bottom. All that matters is the day you buy, and the day you sell. Everything in between is irrelevant. Also, it was not the stock picks that counted, it was the timing. Almost any well known, long established company would have done this well.
Good job LT! I've been investing in the stock market for close to 40 years now. I think the Dow was under 6,000 then and gold was around $200-$250 and silver was about $4.00. Over these years my money has doubled and quadrupled many times. Of course there we're times when the markets dropped considerably and I had to really fight the urge to sell and buy instead. I've been investing in gold and silver even longer.
Always look for an opportunity, buy in the dips and don't sell unless you really have to. On 9/11 I bought all the gold that I could afford, and I sold all my stocks and bought defense stocks.

My sister invested 50k in a crypto fund. No Bitcoin, but a mix of smaller cryptos. In one year she has 420k now. That’s a fantastic return. I’ve tried to convince her to lock in those profits now. The fund manager says he will make them millionaires so she will stay in it. I have little doubt there will be a bubble burst before long. If I was 25 yrs old I might let it ride but being closer to retirement I think taking those profits would be a lot wiser.

My sister invested 50k in a crypto fund. No Bitcoin, but a mix of smaller cryptos. In one year she has 420k now. That’s a fantastic return. I’ve tried to convince her to lock in those profits now. The fund manager says he will make them millionaires so she will stay in it. I have little doubt there will be a bubble burst before long. If I was 25 yrs old I might let it ride but being closer to retirement I think taking those profits would be a lot wiser.

I have looked into it,but if you flip a switch or EMP/CME/cyber attack on the grid, does it exist?

I have looked into it,but if you flip a switch or EMP/CME/cyber attack on the grid, does it exist?
I don’t see it as a good investment any longer, but it sure was if you caught it early on. As far as a major disruption like an EMP or such, most investments would be hit hard as well. Wealth can be lost in many ways. i do think crypto will eventually replace the paper money though. Most transactions are allready electronic with credit and debit cards and I’m sure the government will like having more control over access to everyone’s money.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/stocks-puke-bidens-capital-gains-tax-reality-strikes
Not sure if the capital gains tax affects anyone here, but all the markets are taking a hit. If you have a longer event horizon, then no big deal (least SHTF).
Yeah, I doubt anyone here will be in the million dollar plus tax bracket. One thing I noticed in the article was it said the Dow ’plunged’ over this report. The 250 point move is pretty normal by todays standards. If it moved 250 points a few years ago it would have been a big deal, but that’s a normal day lately, up or down. I actually think that the rich paying the same rate as the common people is a good idea. I’m a big fan of the fair tax. When rich people use accountants to not pay their share I feel like we didn’t even get Vaseline.... one thing I wish though would be that the govt quit wasting all the money they get from us. I’m ok with paying taxes and understand we need roads, bridges and such, but stop pissing away huge amounts of money on worthless crap.....

Yeah, I doubt anyone here will be in the million dollar plus tax bracket. One thing I noticed in the article was it said the Dow ’plunged’ over this report. The 250 point move is pretty normal by todays standards. If it moved 250 points a few years ago it would have been a big deal, but that’s a normal day lately, up or down. I actually think that the rich paying the same rate as the common people is a good idea. I’m a big fan of the fair tax. When rich people use accountants to not pay their share I feel like we didn’t even get Vaseline.... one thing I wish though would be that the govt quit wasting all the money they get from us. I’m ok with paying taxes and understand we need roads, bridges and such, but stop pissing away huge amounts of money on worthless crap.....

Well said.

Much of my income comes from dividends. Currently capital gains are taxed at 15%. Of course that POS Biteme wants to raise it.

Yeah, he needs a way to pay for his infrastructure plan, that about half actually real infrastructure.

Im not saying I agree with it but I have a feeling we are all going to be paying more taxes in the future, and not just the rich. In the real world you can’t just keep spending more money without getting it from somewhere.

Between that and his recent announcement of cutting carbon emission by 50% by 2030, I think a lot of things are going to get more expensive, especially food.

We have needed infrastructure repairs and upgrades for decades. But redefining what is infrastructure is just plain moronic.

Im not saying I agree with it but I have a feeling we are all going to be paying more taxes in the future, and not just the rich. In the real world you can’t just keep spending more money without getting it from somewhere.
Thats what you voted for when you cast your ballot for Biden. You should be ecstatic to be paying more for EVERYTHING.

No one, not even even a government can keep borrowing forever. I think most of us know hyperinflation is a real threat. When it happens, I would rather have tangible assets like land and tools, but also gold and silver. And of course weapons and ammo.

Latest posts

Back