Stock market crash is imminent!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make the lazy welfare bums get a job and go to work!!!
Work or starve. I dont care which. I don’t believe in walfare for any reason. There are plenty of charity's out there for the truly needy. In my opinion there is never a valid reason to take money from a person who works and give it to a person that doesn't work. Ever.

Thats right. Cancel the debt. Then cut every government program, entitlement, office, department, bureau, agency, foreign aid, and head count until the budget is balanced.
Remember it was Obama that called Social Security an entitlement.

I am even thinking of starting to draw it, just to get something out. And with the wife working, it would just get put into a tax deferred.

Remember it was Obama that called Social Security an entitlement.

I am even thinking of starting to draw it, just to get something out. And with the wife working, it would just get put into a tax deferred.
SS has turned in to an entitlement for many. Medicaid is welfare, Medicare is not, its for SS recipients who worked for it. There are many other SS benefits going to people who never contributed a penny to SS.
I'm going to start drawing SS at the first of the year. I think it'll be around long after I'm gone. The government will just keep raising SS taxes on those still working.

Work or starve.

In years past I had sympathy for people who were down on their luck. Now there are so many bums who are just too lazy to work. Just yesterday I had a homeless bum ask if I would buy him something to eat. My first thought was “Get off your ### and earn some money.” But I just ignored him and moved on. Sorry bum.

Last edited:
In years past I had sympathy for people who were down on their luck. Now there are so many bums who are just to lazy to work. Just yesterday I had a homeless bum ask if I would buy him something to eat. My first thought was “Get off your ### and earn some money.” But I just ignored him and moved on. Sorry bum.
Just about every business today is hiring. Just today I got a card from UPS saying they're hiring. A friend of mine is a millright at the local saw mill and said they cant get anyone sober to work. If welfare and hand outs weren't so easy to get everyone would have a job. But like I said, let them starve.

SS has turned in to an entitlement for many. Medicaid is welfare, Medicare is not, its for SS recipients who worked for it. There are many other SS benefits going to people who never contributed a penny to SS.
I'm going to start drawing SS at the first of the year. I think it'll be around long after I'm gone. The government will just keep raising SS taxes on those still working.
And they will raise the cutoff point where you stop having to put in. That could raise the survivor benefit above what I can collect. I am still in the research stage. But if they start cutting benefits in 2033, I may end up ahead in the long run.
Right now I am playing the game to the fullest advantage. I don’t need the income. But I want to get the most I can.
I probably could have gotten SS disability 10 yrs ago, but I didn’t need it and didn’t want it to hinder what I can do.
Right now seems the right time to play the game. The Dems have stealing from SS for years, yet I kept seeing posts how Trump was going to steal it.

In years past I had sympathy for people who were down on their luck. Now there are so many bums who are just to lazy to work. Just yesterday I had a homeless bum ask if I would buy him something to eat. My first thought was “Get off your ### and earn some money.” But I just ignored him and moved on. Sorry bum.
Today I was in a DD in Palo Alto. The guy at the counter ahead of me was obviously homeless. The guy had severe lymphodema in his legs and just the sores made me sick. As i approached the counter, I saw the clerk scraping up the pennies.
i would have paid for his meal. Just like my wife paid for a woman’s meal that was digging through the trash in a MickeyD’S.
Am i going to give $$$ to anyone begging on the street, FFFFNNNOOO!

I don’t have a problem with government run soup kitchens and food banks. I’m ok with helping people eat. I’m not ok with giving physically capable people income for life.
There's already countless charities doing just that now. Why should the government be involved spending tax payers money this way? The government couldn't even run a lemonade stand efficiently. Again, you're advocating stealing money from someone who works and giving it to someone who doesn't. That isn't the governments responsibility.

There's already countless charities doing just that now. Why should the government be involved spending tax payers money this way? The government couldn't even run a lemonade stand efficiently. Again, you're advocating stealing money from someone who works and giving it to someone who doesn't. That isn't the governments responsibility.
I’m still ok with direct food but can understand your point. I really laughed about the lemonade stand! Very true sadly.

jobs arent that easy to get, my experience is 30 years out of date but most employers didnt want anyone over 40, they would rather employ teenagers and pay them a pittance. thats why I eventually went self employed.
and if your homeless its even harder to get a job, no address-no job.

I agree with Paul here. There are times in life when people could use a temporary hand to get back on their feet. I think places like the ymca could have cots for some to sleep, a hot meal and a place to shower temporarily. I’m just not on board with lifelong support for able bodied people. The key word for me is temporary to help people out. I don’t like to see anything, animals or people, going hungry. But I don’t think the government has the right to take our money and give it away freely to individuals that know how to milk the system.

One reason so many colonists are trying to get here is they have heard someone say, " You will never believe it, but in The United States they are paying people $350 a week not to work."
"That sounds like the dream job for me, I've practicing all my life for that one!"
"And guess what else, They pay you more each month for every kid you make."
"Wow, I been working on that almost all my life. Git outta my way, I'm goin to my new home in the good ole United States of America!".

Thought I'd chime in here; I whole heartedly agree. People complain about welfare programs but in moderation and with careful watchfulness they help a country's citizens. The assumption, incorrectly, is that if someone is on a welfare program, such as unemployment, they're instantaneously taking advantage of the system, even if they're legitimately trying to find another job making enough money to live as fast as they can.

Yeah, you get the slackers who live off of the system, 100%. I ain't disputing that since I have an exwife who's doing just that, but those slackers used to be in the minority and could still be. Now that all said I do not agree with giving people $350 a week or what not for all this economic pandemic recovery.... (The pandemic could be over already if people would just get vaccinated and all that, but that's another post I'm pretty sure). This country needs to get back to work...shipping and trucking and all of it. A job's a job, and I don't care if you're 40+ years old making minimum wage at McDonalds, if you have a job take pride in it, own it, and make as much money as you can. If you don't like it, stay in it while you search for and find another one, but work's work. People need to stop putting so much self worth in what kind of a job they have...as long as it pays their bills and they make a little extra for savings to be used in emergencies, vacations, prepping, and all that. And if you're on unemployment or some other welfare program to help you out, fine, as long as you're really trying to improve your situation out of that program in a speedy time frame. In those cases, I don't care fi you're on unemployment....I ain't gonna judge and I ain't gonna criticize.

Take care.

I agree with Paul here. There are times in life when people could use a temporary hand to get back on their feet. I think places like the ymca could have cots for some to sleep, a hot meal and a place to shower temporarily. I’m just not on board with lifelong support for able bodied people. The key word for me is temporary to help people out. I don’t like to see anything, animals or people, going hungry. But I don’t think the government has the right to take our money and give it away freely to individuals that know how to milk the system.

The government couldn't even run a lemonade stand efficiently.

Joe and Hunter opened one near 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

2021.07.14-01.57-revolvernews-60ee449a04217-768x402.jpg

jobs arent that easy to get, my experience is 30 years out of date but most employers didnt want anyone over 40, they would rather employ teenagers and pay them a pittance. thats why I eventually went self employed.
and if your homeless its even harder to get a job, no address-no job.
Almost every business in the US is hiring. Everywhere there are Help Wanted signs and billboards looking to hire. At least in the US there is no reason for anyone to be out of a job.

Latest posts

Back