Stock market crash is imminent!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Land is the only true wealth. Tools add to its value. It never hurts to have some cash, or gold and silver. Stocks rise and fall but overall they rise. Friends and family are good to have to.
Your absolutely right, but money is needed to pay the taxes and insurance. Without family nothing else matters. We currently have all the land we'll ever need, same for gold/silver. Could always use more tools and equipment though.

If I still had access to the internet, and if I wasn't living life here on the ranch, I might consider managing my own money again. But what I pay for professional money management, and what my returns are, is money well spent.
I dont remember when the last time was when I had returns of only 9%. Usually they're up in the 20+% to 35% range. My money manager has access to a lot of different investments that I never had. I'm happy.
My favorite fund I hold VTSAX did 32% this last year, but this last year wasnt a average year. 9% average is enough for me considering its a well diversified set it and forget it portfolio.

I agree with you, almost 100%. About 15 years ago I saw that I wasn't going to reach my goal for early retirement. So I leveraged everything I could and bought stocks, lots of stock. Stocks were low at the time. Plus I bought a lot of real estate. At one time I was almost $1,000,000 in debt. It was a huge gamble but for me it paid off big time. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing what I did. I didn't tell my wife what I was doing either. In a couple of years I was debt free, paid the ranch off, built the house, barn and everything else, plus retired early and lived off investment interest for the last 7 years.
I too went into debt when I started the business with my son. It was the first time in years I borrowed any money. We did really well and repaid everything within the first year and a half and went on to make a lot of money. It helped me be able to retire at 57 anyways. It was a gamble like yours that paid off. I don’t know if I would recommend what either of us did to others but sometimes with risk comes reward. I would say to most though that you should only take risks early in life. That way if they don’t pay off you have more time to recover financially. When your close to retirement you should be doing more conservative investments.

Land is the only true wealth. Tools add to its value. It never hurts to have some cash, or gold and silver. Stocks rise and fall but overall they rise. Friends and family are good to have to.
. I agree. Here’s where being leveraged on land can be beneficial. Lessons from Grreat Depression.
In a total economic collapse, banks will not want to be land rich And owe the taxes. In the 30’s, many families stayed on their land by covering the taxes.
If the land is mainly good for grazing and hunting, the banks will cut deals.

People have been preaching the collapse of the stock market for many years. I dont listen to the doom and gloom "experts" any more. During my lifetime they've all been wrong. Or at least mostly wrong.

They are right eventually, I learnt that from the GFC. And I for one would rather be 3 years early than 3 days late.

We're happy, plus she invites us up every year for a cruise on her boat.

Nice perk on the cruise! 🚢 We had someone who did that while living in Cali.

Draco, land is the only true wealth that will never disappear on you! Which is why we’ve all seen the very wealthy picking up large pieces of it as of late.

October 19 is about the time The United States runs out of money. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. We must run and tell the king. It the same scam the government pulls every year or so. They want to raise the debt ceiling so they can borrow more money. They tell us of all the horrors that will happen if we don't borrow more money. At $600 billion in interest payments made every year it is high time we stopped borrowing and started reducing the national debt. At $30 trillion the debt is just too damn high.

At $600 billion in interest payments made every year it is high time we stopped borrowing and started reducing the national debt. At $30 trillion the debt is just too damn high.
NO,,,we should do that big idea that Trump was gonna do and declare the USA Ltd. & Co.----BANKRUPT and stop paying the fake debt to the fake FED and the fake interest rates and just liberate about 300 million American Slaves from the un-needed payback just like anyone/any company/any other entity would/could/should do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go back to GO; collect your $200 and start all over again from scratch.
The only problem is, Abraham Lincoln wanted and tried to do just that back in the 1860's when he found out the Rothschild Family was supporting the south from Paris and the north from London and declared to not pay the credit back. Started printing the dollars to pay the soldiers and ended up paying also the highest price anyone has to pay if they try to do SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!

My biggest expense ls real estate taxes. Then insurance.

Down here if you own more than 2 million worth they hit you with Land tax on top of rates tax, it's a big hit and it simply makes no sense to own more than 2 houses in the inner city zone even with deducting interest for loans etc. Once the loans are paid off, decades later, capital gains tax can rob an investor of half their resale if they cash out. The whole system is designed to make lots of money for government, the Banks, and the RE sales industry etc. A well thought out racket.

Oh there is away, or was a few years ago, to sell those houses and "Defer" the tax, you can roll the profits into your pension fund, the stockmarket basically. Which of course is taxed when you withdraw that! This new 'loophole' was passed in the mid 2000's and as far as I could see had the sole intention of getting older investors to sell up their rentals thereby juicing the housing market higher just as it was facing a investor stock shortage. More sales taxes, more lawyers fees, more RE agent commissions. A hell of a lot of older unit blocks, or flats, came on the market then too.

October 19 is about the time The United States runs out of money. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. We must run and tell the king. It the same scam the government pulls every year or so. They want to raise the debt ceiling so they can borrow more money. They tell us of all the horrors that will happen if we don't borrow more money. At $600 billion in interest payments made every year it is high time we stopped borrowing and started reducing the national debt. At $30 trillion the debt is just too damn high.
Thats right. Cancel the debt. Then cut every government program, entitlement, office, department, bureau, agency, foreign aid, and head count until the budget is balanced.

Thats right. Cancel the debt. Then cut every government program, entitlement, office, department, bureau, agency, foreign aid, and head count until the budget is balanced.
I don’t believe in canceling the debt but completely agree that all non essential programs should be cut until the budget is balanced. No exceptions. I also think that all the rich politicians that mismanaged the trillions of dollars should use their wealth to help repay some of the debt back. It wouldn’t pay it off but would be a good start. Might keep the new politicians a little more fiscally conservative as well!

Latest posts

Back