Stimulus

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@BillMasen : Paper maps in my escape and evasion gear; probably plastered to my body somewhere with latex adhesive and covered with matching flesh-tone makeup lol. That's mostly for in the event that I'm captured/kidnapped/arrested and they have taken all my stuff and I'm stubborn enough to try and break out anyway because they didn't find all the little tools hidden on my body, like maps, a little button compass, a thin burner phone, lock picks, handcuff keys, kevlar cordage, etc. They'd have to have been SUPER thorough to have found all of them; they're pretty much invisible, and most people in the position of capturing people are of the lower-ranking class; grunts and thugs, and consequently, not exactly the sharpest tacks in the box. At least until I get to wherever the main holding facility is; they might have more thorough search methods there done by higher trained personnel. That's why I'm busting my move during transit and not giving them the chance to take me to the final destination lol, (although I have a protocol for the final destination as well in the event I'm unconscious lol.)

GPS even can show you an wrong position if you're to close to an military area. Many years ago it happened to me during an sailing trip. On my map (GPS was new at this time, so we used maps too) i was 1/2 mile away from the coast. By GPS it was 5 miles.. Believe me, if you almost can see the coastline and the reef as you navigate on map you won't go 4 miles closer anymore. Our second boat was by map 10 miles behind, and by GPS near enough to exchange beers. As i couldn't ask for an cool beer i guess his navigation by map was correct....
GPS is not bad, but it won't replace the knowledge about traditional navigation.

Latest posts

Back