still trying to get started

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reader

Reaction score
So as it stands the most I've got prepped is a bug out bag. Still would like to revise for a better on with better supplies but gotta start somewhere. But once I get situated with my own place...any recommendations for where too start with what supplies. All suggestions welcome.

Food and water first ! I can't tell you how many times i have changed my ( BOB ) kind of a on going thing.

When you go shopping get in the habit of putting double in the buggy. For example: you're buying a box of oatmeal, bag of sugar, 2 tins of tuna, jar of miracle whip, and 3 cans of corn for your cupboard, so you'll put 2 boxes of oats, 2 bags of sugar, 4 tins of tuna, 2 jars of miracle whip, and 6 cans of corn in your buggy. Half of your purchase will go on the shelf at home, the other half in your stores.

You'll be surprised at how fast it will add up, even if you can't double everything on your shopping list. I don't know if you have an Aldi or a Sav-a-Lot around you, but if you do, you can get good prices there. Ethnic markets are a good place to save money as well. Learning to cook from scratch will save you money as well as make storage simpler in the long run.

So as it stands the most I've got prepped is a bug out bag. Still would like to revise for a better on with better supplies but gotta start somewhere. But once I get situated with my own place...any recommendations for where too start with what supplies. All suggestions welcome.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcom to to forum Reader. I've been away for a while and didn't get to welcome you yet. So Welcome. Alot of the members here have experience in all kinds of survival senerios. Some of us have been in law enforcement and have been is one of the armed forces in different parts of the globe. Everyone here will be more that willing to help you in any way they can. We are just one big family here. I love these guys to pieces. As for a BOB, I use army back packs. They are the strongest I've found. If you have an Army surplus near you, that would be a good place to look. Also some times flea markets have some. Got to welcome the others. Later

Mastercajun just gave some really great advice! Find an army surplus store, sometimes they sell some junk, but alot of times they sell great used mil-spec gear!

So as it stands the most I've got prepped is a bug out bag. Still would like to revise for a better on with better supplies but gotta start somewhere. But once I get situated with my own place...any recommendations for where too start with what supplies. All

Simple bug out bag, Canned foods first like chili, good fat and proteins and carbs, chili and stews are a win, however not dehydrated. Can you imagine eating dehydrated food and not having water? Water is heavy, however needed Check out my site www.familieslivingprepared.com
It's not fully operating, should be by the 15 th. many people may be staying at home as well. If you do not have a place to go, home may be best. 14 cans of chili, can opener, spoon, water purifying canister, lighters, always keep a bag of lint gathered from your dryer, it's so good at starting fires. Pocket knife with flint stick, wool blanket, trash bags, candy, jerky, magnifying glass, two liter bottle of water, work gloves, pliers. 4' wire or wire coat hanger, roll of heavy duty duct tape, needed medicine, in your bug out bag, with a pint of bleach that does not leak. Fill up every empty pop bottle with water and one teaspoon normal bleach and store these. Your chili cans will help,much more than a dehydrated bag. You can poop Ina can so that you will not need tp. You use other cans to carry ambers for fires, distill water, use as an amplifier, make noise with to scare off animals or find rescuers.

Latest posts

Back