Starting over

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Sold the ranch...downsized to a smaller home in the city. Good news is no mortgage. We own it outright. But now...neighbors. ugh. At least we still have a well...odd as that is.

Working on backup power before storm season. Putting in fruit trees this year and garden in the spring. Starting from scratch again.

Sold the ranch...downsized to a smaller home in the city. Good news is no mortgage. We own it outright. But now...neighbors. ugh. At least we still have a well...odd as that is.

Working on backup power before storm season. Putting in fruit trees this year and garden in the spring. Starting from scratch again.
Good to see you back Gaz. Hope it all works out for you there in the city.

Thanks. At least it's smaller so easier to maintain. Wife isn't a fan but our mortgage was just too high and too much stuff (expensive stuff) needed to be replaced at the ranch. For just the two of us...it was just too much to manage with both of us now in our 50s.

Made the new place a smart home too. I know a lot of folks think Alexa is too big brother but honestly nothing to hide anyhow and it just beats getting up to turn lights off or on etc. Also cool to be able to see cameras from phone or any TV in the house.

Made the new place a smart home too. I know a lot of folks think Alexa is too big brother but honestly nothing to hide anyhow and it just beats getting up to turn lights off or on etc. Also cool to be able to see cameras from phone or any TV in the house.

There is a saying, if you can't beat them join them. Lol

It’s hard starting over; I’ve had to do it a few times. However, you’re not starting over as bad as you think you are. The amount of knowledge that you’ve accumulated over the years is still with you. You will be able to avoid many mistakes this time around, and you might be surprised how quickly things start working out. You got this brother, it’s nothing but a thing. Best of luck.👍

I've had to start over at least twice in my life, came out of 2 marriages with not much more than the clothes on my back.
both times I had to move into a bed sit- rented room in a shared house of many rented rooms, share kitchen and bathroom, and slowly work my way up from there.

Latest posts

Back