Starting a cult?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s request

Reaction score
Hi there Doomsday Preppers,

I'm new so please go easy on me. Many folks in this forum seem very well established on their route to prepperation.
I'm new to the subject and I am wondering about things like societal collapse caused by failing ecconomies and extreme weather events.

I'm wondering if, as I don't have much money, it would be a good idea to pursue oganising some form of cult. Prepping is kind of that way inclined anyway.

I was thinking, if I managed to get some arable land, I could get some innocent minded folks to work for me building a commune.
I'm in the London, which is on the edge of chaos anyway for various reasons, but if I went to the west of England or Wales the options for surviving the imminent climate chaos seem a little fairer.

Another friend said that I should move to Colombia, Bogatar, she's colombian though and I don't know much about the climate there.

Anyway, there you go. That's my lot. A cult-commune for survival sounds alright to me.
We'd do courses on vairous skills that my friends and I have and farming and people could progress up the hierachy as they gain their qualifications and earned their new robes having worked on the farm.

Your thought's please.

Criticims and risks to be considered are very welcome.

Hi there Doomsday Preppers,

I'm new so please go easy on me. Many folks in this forum seem very well established on their route to prepperation.
I'm new to the subject and I am wondering about things like societal collapse caused by failing ecconomies and extreme weather events.

I'm wondering if, as I don't have much money, it would be a good idea to pursue oganising some form of cult. Prepping is kind of that way inclined anyway.

I was thinking, if I managed to get some arable land, I could get some innocent minded folks to work for me building a commune.
I'm in the London, which is on the edge of chaos anyway for various reasons, but if I went to the west of England or Wales the options for surviving the imminent climate chaos seem a little fairer.

Another friend said that I should move to Colombia, Bogatar, she's colombian though and I don't know much about the climate there.

Anyway, there you go. That's my lot. A cult-commune for survival sounds alright to me.
We'd do courses on vairous skills that my friends and I have and farming and people could progress up the hierachy as they gain their qualifications and earned their new robes having worked on the farm.

Your thought's please.

Criticims and risks to be considered are very welcome.
You can move somewhere, but you should be ready to get involved in the country you want to go to and to integrate fully.
If you want to emigrate think first in which country you can fully integrate, if that does not work the population will have prejudices against you and will be all the more difficult.

It is best to choose a country that is not on Grandpa Joe`s and Uncle Putin`s hit list if it continues like this then you have one problem less.
I can no longer recommend Europe to you.

You can move somewhere, but you should be ready to get involved in the country you want to go to and to integrate fully.
If you want to emigrate think first in which country you can fully integrate, if that does not work the population will have prejudices against you and will be all the more difficult.

It is best to choose a country that is not on Grandpa Joe`s and Uncle Putin`s hit list if it continues like this then you have one problem less.
I can no longer recommend Europe to you.
Yeah, My home country and in the hills seems good.

Before you get too involved with setting up a group, you need to fully understand the dynamics of any group. What leadership skills do you bring to the table? What financial resources do you have to start a group? How will the leadership group be determined? How will the rules of the group be enforced? What skills and resources will be required to join the group? What opsec rules will be imposed? Where will the members be housed? These are just a few of the questions that need to be precisely determined before attempting to form any type of prepper /survival group.

Before you get too involved with setting up a group, you need to fully understand the dynamics of any group. What leadership skills do you bring to the table? What financial resources do you have to start a group? How will the leadership group be determined? How will the rules of the group be enforced? What skills and resources will be required to join the group? What opsec rules will be imposed? Where will the members be housed? These are just a few of the questions that need to be precisely determined before attempting to form any type of prepper /survival group.
Thanks for your commeent. I'm sure your absolutely right.
I wouldn't want to lead a particularly fanatical cult. More of slightly softer form or authority. There's a lot for my to learn first.
Leadership? I'm no expert but I've got a firly broard range on knowledge. I've got some management experience. Knowthing serious.
Finance? Nothing. I live in London.
Group rules? That's an interesting topic. There's a lot for me to learn there.
Skills and resources? Another good question. I thought that the members could fund their stay with money and work. We could hold a number of classes throught the days, weeks and months. A curriculum. Where the longterm participants could work their way up the hierarchy. I'm not too sure of the benefits for them, yet. The community would gain from the group's work.
Opec? I've got to learn about that.
Where will the members be housed? Another good question. I need to get some land and turn it into an operational commune.

Thanks for your comment

Great post, new member. I have a cult. You should come here and see how it is run. Bring your gloves and work boots
Great offer. Thanks.
I'm afraid that if this is a covert minion aqusition attemp, I'm not too receptive towards manipulation. Just saying. I'm a bit of "stick in the mud" sometimes.
I'd be hugely intersted in learning for you, though.
Where are you based?
I'm a total peasant atm and have a couple of other responsibilities that I don't really want to leave un-attended to.

Do you have any suggestions of methods where I can learn from your experience without taking part directly?

Thanks for your message

To be a creator of a survival group you should at least be concerned about survival for both yourself and every member of your group.
Somehow I feel this is missing in you. I feel no passion to help others. If this is so you will fail before you ever start.
Absolutely. My apologies. I didn't make my intent clear at all.

Obviously, I'm thinking entierly for myself.

My intention, really, is to develop a funtioning and sefl sustaining, preferably off-grid, community where everyone involved works together for the benefit of theirselves and others.
Survival of the group is paramount. We should all work together.

I'm mearly playing with the idea of a cult for gaining an understanding of rallying the group together.
It seems like a good starting point but I'd rather set the foundations for the mission to work with little influence from me.
I don't want some crazy Mad Max style stuff going on. I'd rather reason be the guiding force underlying the groups cohesion.

My first instinct is to walk away from you because of your fixation on the word "cult". See Definition here. It normally means a dedication to one person or idea.

Now compare that with six persons from the Titanic climbing into a lifeboat.
You fish people out of the water as they are; smokers/non-smokers, Christians/non-Christians/, old/young, leaders/followers, moneyed/poor, etc.

Last edited:
I feel I am wasting my time here because I offered you a book to hold your hand as a beginner and you will never look at it.

But I am an optimist in helping others through the coming crisis, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

See Systematic Approach To Group Survival. It is a free blueprint on how we did it.
Note that it is not a hierarchy but rather a Mutual Group with continuous revolving leadership as needed.

But keep two things in mind. First you have only a month or so to prep.
Secondly, your best bet is to collect a group AT ACTIVATION TIME to hunker down in a brick home.

Last edited:
I'm mearly playing with the idea of a cult for gaining an understanding of rallying the group together.
To be a rallying Point for a survival group you must either have the land and goods to start with or the vision.
Since you don't have the land or money, your best bet is quickly learn the vision of a survival group.

To build one you must at least know what it looks like.

40 minute read: Family Prepping
60 Minute read: Systematic Approach To Group Survival.

My first instinct is to walk away from you because of your fixation on the word "cult" See Definition here. It normally means a dedication to one person or idea.

Now compare that with six persons from the Titanic climbing into a lifeboat.
You fish people out of the water as they are; smokers/non-smokers, Christians/non-Christians/, old/young, leaders/followers, moneyed/poor, etc.
Please, don't do anything for me that is beyond what you have the means to provide.

Prior to, and including, your comment that I replied to, I see no offering of a book apart from the following comment

I can see in your next comment that you have included a link to one definition of the word "Cult".
I've not looked at it at, yet. I will when I have the time.
It seems to me that there are many societal movements that could easily be associated with the term.
Just becuase one group claims they're different does not mean they are entierly from association.
I'm not going to move from my opinion on this. I've seen plenty of fanatics. I know where I stand.

With the utmost respect, I'm not going to submit to your attempt to make me submit to your pressure.
Don't wast your time.

Again, I will look at your link "Systematic Approach To Group Survival" when I get a moment.
I'm very grateful. Thank you. I owe you knowing. There is no contract between us and I have not agreed to repay you for your effort. Let's be clear on that.
A gift is a gift. That's it. I'll offer you something if I have the means to offer my help. But no more.

Further to your comment on hierarachy... I'll work out the most effective means of social structure. thank you for your concern.

To be a rallying Point for a survival group you must either have the land and goods to start with or the vision.
Since you don't have the land or money, your best bet is quickly learn the vision of a survival group.

To build one you must at least know what it looks like.

40 minute read: Family Prepping
60 Minute read: Systematic Approach To Group Survival.
Thank you for your comment. I'll look in to it.

Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back