Spring Training

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOS0231

Demi-God
Reaction score
The snow is finally gone. Though we have a chance of snow in the forecast later this week.
Time to get off my fat bottom as I usually gain a few pounds over the winter time and get back into something that resembles a non-round shape.
IMHO, if things were to go badly then my primary means of transportation will be walking/humping it, or bicycle.
I plan on cycling a few times a week, mix in rucking it, and at least one 5k run to keep diversified.

The range is clear, will be shooting more air to brush up on the fundamentals. Might even mix the run with a biathlon shooting session.

I am still wearing the same size clothing since I was 33 years old and now at 62 that can't be bad. Weigh in at 85 kg still and if it was not for an on-the-job accident in 2017 where I ripped off the tips of my L4 vertebre and moved the L4 13 mm out of place and had it re-built and is now held in place with 5 cm long screws and titanium bars....
Oh well, my BOB still weighs in at 30 kg and I can carry it again... just no jogging anymore.

What is the best shape you have ever been in as an adult? Mine was when I was 26 years old and graduated from commercial dive school. I could run a mile in under 5 minutes and I could swim 3 miles in full gear in under an hour. I would love to be able to do that again.
Early 20s, in the Marine Corps. Ran a 5k in 17:55.
I can still run a 5k, but my run times are more like in the 24-25min range.

At 63 I still do most everything I ever did, only a little slower and in a lot of pain most days now. I spend all summer putting up 100 ton of hay by myself, and all winter taking it out to feed. I maintain several miles of fencing alone, up and down steep hills and brushy canyons where I carry fence posts, barb wire, chain saw and all the tools over my shoulder. I do all the construction and maintenance around here by myself. I run a trapline during winter, a lot of walking. At my age I'm still in pretty decent shape. My dad is 92 and still gets in bar fights occasionally. Something to aspire to I guess.

At 63 I still do most everything I ever did, only a little slower and in a lot of pain most days now. I spend all summer putting up 100 ton of hay by myself, and all winter taking it out to feed. I maintain several miles of fencing alone, up and down steep hills and brushy canyons where I carry fence posts, barb wire, chain saw and all the tools over my shoulder. I do all the construction and maintenance around here by myself. I run a trapline during winter, a lot of walking. At my age I'm still in pretty decent shape. My dad is 92 and still gets in bar fights occasionally. Something to aspire to I guess.
I know some people like you and I greatly admire them. Now I have a lot less to do and I hire people to do the hard stuff. May you live forever!

Yesterday did 30 minutes at a good pace and intensity level on this stair stepper, eliptical thingy the wife got when the base gym was shut down due to COVID. Enough to do more than a little sweating.

Latest posts

Back