Sportsmans Series 2000-Watt LP Portable Generator

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the first one I've seen with propane and being that small. I didn't see a price though. I don't think it's very useful using small tanks, but it would be great with a large 500gal tank. Everyone wants a whole house genny, but it will suck up most of your fuel quickly. A small unit will run your fridge, power tools and lights, and conserve your fuel a lot better.

the fridge is what i have in mind.and maybe camping and out away from the house when i need electic as well..

yeah.a 500 gallon tank.max safe limit is 450..i wonder how'd it do indoors.other words.is it safe to use indoors?..seems like it would be,to me.but yet,i still wonder about that..

:):)
yeah.a 500 gallon tank.max safe limit is 450..i wonder how'd it do indoors.other words.is it safe to use indoors?..seems like it would be,to me.but yet,i still wonder about that..
Big NEGATIVE on using it inside! It may produce less carbon monoxide than gasoline, but still produces it. Never, never, did I say never, use any combustible engine indoors. That's why God invented extension cords ;).

Nice find. Not a ton of power, but nice price, and the propane option is damn cool. Would be great to have for well pump.

Nice find. Not a ton of power, but nice price, and the propane option is damn cool. Would be great to have for well pump.
I agree, for the money it is a really good tool for fridge, well, tools etc. it won't run a lot at once, but is plenty to get water flowing and keeping food cool. The beauty of propane is it never goes bad, shy of a leak anyways. It also burns much cleaner, making longer periods between oil changes and tune ups as well.

I looked around for reviews on this genny. A number of people could not get an air conditioner or microwave to work on it, even though they were well within the rated capacity. An oscilloscope showed a very ragged sine wave.

An AC or microwave is pretty taxing...even within the range, I'd be suspect too.
Then again, if you were down to a generator, would you be using either of them?

The beauty of propane is it never goes bad,

Exactly. While you could use some Stabil to get the gas usable, it's nicer not to have to deal with it.
Could easily just stockpile some propane (or, post SHTF, scavenge for it.)

Latest posts

Back