Spike Camps

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I Quit

Reaction score
Not living in, or near, any large urban areas-mostly very small towns and villages, farmland, and forests-I think that my prepping is probably a lot different than most others. My plan is to defend my home, until I judge that I no longer can. When that happens, I grab my kit-load the 4 wheeler on the trailer, and hit the road. I have 6 different areas in very secluded locations all within 10 miles of my home that I think I can hide pretty effectively in. I call these 'Spike Camps'. If everything goes to hell down here, my plan is to head to northern Michigan. The upper peninsula, if 'they' haven't closed the bridge. Regardless, there are forests up in northern Michigan that are enormous, and one could hide in very easily. Even if I do have to head north and hide out in a large forested area, undoubtedly I will set up a system of spike camps there too. I don't plan to carry, or even stock, a great deal of food and water, I had a lot of survival training in the Army, and am able to live off the land comfortably.

I like the idea of spike camps, I have always thought of doing such a thing around my area as the same sort of bug out situation. What sort of design would you use?

Tent, under a camo net-at least until I can build, or dig, something more substantial.

I work 2nd shift-get out at 10pm. As I was driving home last night, I was thinking about prepping type stuff. I decided to start paying attention to things I was seeing that I could eat in a survival situation on my way home, in the dark. In my 18 mile drive, at 60mph, I saw 21 different things that I could eat in a survival situation. mmmmmmmmmmmm........raccoon ;)

Haha that's great I fine myself doing the same thing Turkeys are out like crazy here :)

Not living in, or near, any large urban areas-mostly very small towns and villages, farmland, and forests-I think that my prepping is probably a lot different than most others. My plan is to defend my home, until I judge that I no longer can. When that happens, I grab my kit-load the 4 wheeler on the trailer, and hit the road. I have 6 different areas in very secluded locations all within 10 miles of my home that I think I can hide pretty effectively in. I call these 'Spike Camps'. If everything goes to hell down here, my plan is to head to northern Michigan. The upper peninsula, if 'they' haven't closed the bridge. Regardless, there are forests up in northern Michigan that are enormous, and one could hide in very easily. Even if I do have to head north and hide out in a large forested area, undoubtedly I will set up a system of spike camps there too. I don't plan to carry, or even stock, a great deal of food and water, I had a lot of survival training in the Army, and am able to live off the land comfortably.
Yep, we are on the same page, defend the home long as possible then Bug out.

Latest posts

Back