Terrorist Attack Spiders - the insidious attack insect

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini Warrior

Demi-God
Banned
Reaction score
https://survival-mastery.com/med/health/spider-bites-treatment.html

In a pinch, you can do some initial things to manage pain and swelling and slow the spread of poison before it causes too much damage.

1. Locate the wound and clean it well with antiseptic solution. You want to kill any bacteria in the bite that could cause an infection.
  2. Use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, and flush the wound.
  3. Apply a topical antibiotic ointment and wound dressing if needed.
  4. If you’re experiencing swelling and pain take Ibuprofen or Tylenol for relief, but make sure you let your doctor know.
  5. Benzocaine or lidocaine spray can help temporarily numb the area and relieve pain if it’s too intense.
  6. Apply a cool compress to reduce swelling, but keep the wound sterile.
  7. If the bite is on a limb, elevate the extremity to control blood pressure.

We have Brown Recluse Spiders and Black Widows. I was bitten on the end of the finger by a Brown Recluse while carrying firewood. The end of my finger swelled up and turned black. All the skin fell off. The end of the finger remains to this day slightly swollen. We have tarantulas and a kind of spider in between a normal spider and a tarantula which is really scary looking. Black Widows are in the low, hot areas but all the others can be anywhere.

We have wolf spiders out here in the woods. Some have a leg span of 5 inches (seen bigger). They are cool though, two of their eyes are reflective making them easy to see at night and as long as its not mating season or a female carrying eggs you can hold the in your hand and they are the calmest creature ever. Piss them off and it feels like you got hit with a baseball bat!

The only redeeming quality about the black widow is that it usually doesn't invade your house. Its web would be too obvious. And when a black widow bites you, you know it. And you will suffer, but usually don't die.
The brown recluse is the insidious one. They can make a home in your shoe. And you don't always know that you've been bitten right away. Fortunately many recluse bites aren't too serious.

Spiders are easy to deal with, plenty of sprays on the market to keep them dead. Deadly snakes are the only things I get troubled about, they can come in anytime and nothing deters them. Here in OZ we have some of the worst mouse plagues in local history at the moment and the snakes are breeding up like crazy to take advantage of that.

Every October, is tarantula mating season. Otherwise I don’t see them. Holes everywhere
8B2EB095-606D-4101-8101-CF492399DA28.jpeg

Widows and Browns, I am on the lookout for. Most of the others can be taken out with a hose or a paper towel inside the house.
No food source, no flies, no spiders. Same applies to snakes.

same here, lucky we don't have anything here that can kill you,

We'll send you some from Down Under;

Funnel Web Spider (it WILL kill you)

White Tip Spider ( it bit me on the leg the wound was about 20cm x 10cm, and oozed pus and muccus for over a year - some people have to have limbs amputated )
Red Back Spider - hell of a painful bite - so they say.

Attachments

• f web.jpg
    f web.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 5
  • w tip.jpg
    w tip.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 5
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 6
Black Widows really aren't deadly to people. Their bite may be a bit painful but is fairly harmless as long as you don't let it get infected.

Black Widows really aren't deadly to people. Their bite may be a bit painful but is fairly harmless as long as you don't let it get infected.
Not usually fatal that's true. But I would not go so far as to say harmless.
There is even a specific illness caused by black widow bites called latrodectism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latrodectism

Thank God we only have Daddy Longlegs and a few others here, I only kill the badass looking ones since the others do their jobs on insects and don't bother anyone. Had my experiences with Trantlers in Texas, Black Widows and Browns in OK and one of my soldiers got bit by a Recluse and the whole back of his hand turned black, a big circle about 2 inches in diameter died and fell off, leaving a crater on his hand where you could feel the bones directly under the skin later...ugly. Gary

Latest posts

Back