Spider webs

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNwr786

Demi-God
Reaction score
I've always heard spider webs are a coagulant for cuts, but never really had the chance to test it... Just 5 minutes ago, I was being sloppy with a very sharp knife cutting into a package of bacon and filleted a little bit of my fingerprint off. And with it being across the surface, there was nothing to close. I put iodine on it, that did nothing to slow it down (I'm sure it cleaned it though). So, remembering reading about spider webs, I went out in the old shed and grabbed some and put it on the cut. It burned like heck for a split second and stopped bleeding immediately! Absolutely no blood has came out since, stopped it completely!!!! I've never had a cut like that stop bleeding on command like that after drinking so much rum (blood thinner), it really works!!!!!!!!!!! Put that in your prepper toolbox, spider webs really stop bleeding!!!!
Edit: Credit goes to Dual Survival because that's where I heard it first. I can't remember which one said it, but they were right...

cut.jpg

Last edited:
I've also heard they have antiseptic properties, but not sure if they have to be fresh for that.. These webs were from last year.

I've always heard spider webs are a coagulant for cuts, but never really had the chance to test it... Just 5 minutes ago, I was being sloppy with a very sharp knife cutting into a package of bacon and filleted a little bit of my fingerprint off. And with it being across the surface, there was nothing to close. I put iodine on it, that did nothing to slow it down (I'm sure it cleaned it though). So, remembering reading about spider webs, I went out in the old shed and grabbed some and put it on the cut. It burned like heck for a split second and stopped bleeding immediately! Absolutely no blood has came out since, stopped it completely!!!! I've never had a cut like that stop bleeding on command like that after drinking so much rum (blood thinner), it really works!!!!!!!!!!! Put that in your prepper toolbox, spider webs really stop bleeding!!!!
Edit: Credit goes to Dual Survival because that's where I heard it first. I can't remember which one said it, but I think it might have been Dave. Whichever one said it, they were right...

View attachment 16160
That's good to know about the spider webs!

I sliced a chunk off of my finger decades ago with a very sharp knife.
I got a band-aid and taped the severed piece of my finger tightly in place. It grew back together within a couple of days. But the fingerprints don't match up at the edges all the way around.
For all intents and purposes it's good as new, and you can't tell unless you look at it just right in the light.

SiGiazL.jpg

Latest posts

Back