Quantcast

Spell check

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

ChickenLittle

Reaction score
I am happy to see there don't seem to be any grammer nazi's on here, but you seem to be growing fast so they are on the way!!

I think it would be great to have a spell check that automatically runs as we type our messages so we can catch our misspellings and mistypes.

ChickenLittle

Reaction score
Huh, now that I am on my home computer it is. At work it was letting me spell however I wanted. must be user error. :confused:

DannyboyDS

Reaction score
Same here, my work computer is ancient and running IE 7 while my home PC is running IE 10, spell check at home but the work PC lets me spell anything.

Honestly I doubt you will get too many grammar Nazi's here, we are here to discuss and share ideas and information not to teach each other English, you also have to remember English is not everyone's first language. Sooo I sez greatings two yew end fourget tha grama nasties. :D

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone get off windows internet explorer!!!! 90% of viruses are written specifically for that program. Firefox or Google chrome have less written to attack them.

Chicknladee

Reaction score
Well when I'm on my computer I use IE or Googlespy Chrome. Some things work best on chrome (ew). I've tried Mozilla Firefox and I wasn't impressed. IMHO it seemed slow! I'm not impressed with much. LOL! I've turned off all possible spellchecking/autocorrecting EVERYWHERE. I choose how I want my words out there. My phone is where i do a good portion of my posting...no spellcheck/autocorrect there so my ultimate spellcheck/autocorrect is ME!

Mastercajun

Reaction score
Well when I'm on my computer I use IE or Googlespy Chrome. Some things work best on chrome (ew). I've tried Mozilla Firefox and I wasn't impressed. IMHO it seemed slow! I'm not impressed with much. LOL! I've turned off all possible spellchecking/autocorrecting EVERYWHERE. I choose how I want my words out there. My phone is where i do a good portion of my posting...no spellcheck/autocorrect there so my ultimate spellcheck/autocorrect is ME!
Rit on Chicknladee. If anyone don lik da wa I was type my pos well day don hav to red dem. Jus becus I was have a colage degree don make me mor godder dan anybody els, butt on one was any betr dan me eder. All bullsh*t aside, I don't need some spell check or some prude telling me anything about my spelling. We are here to learn about prepping and have some fun while doing it.

realisticdude

Reaction score
spelling good , my typing....bad..... unless old no. 7 is involved, then it's all bad.................no one in the South has bad grammar ...........some times i crack myself up , lol

jayjay

God Like
Reaction score
Problem is, a lot of Auusie grammar is different to yours, so it would change to your spelling, not the proper English spelling - ie; color, we spell it colour; aluminum, we spell it aluminium, just to name a few. And don't forget, in the de-braining of society, correct grammar will soon be a lost art form. Easier for teachers to teach a leftist idealogy that to teach correct spelling and grammar.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Our oldest daughter turns 26 in June, bright kid, she completed her sophomore, junior, and senior years of high school all in the 10th grade and was finished with high school at the age of 15. Just wanted to give you some background before telling you all about this.

We didn't live here when she was in the 2nd grade and she went to a very advanced public school, something that they call a Magnet school and the teachers there were a little... different. I didn't realize how different until we started working on her spelling tests. On the 20 word list sent home, 3 of those words were misspelled, so I corrected them on the paper and taught Ainsley the proper way to spell them. Test day came and she brought home the graded test in tears. Those words had been checked as wrong.

I called a meeting with the teacher and the principal demanding an answer. I will never forget the smarmy look on the teacher's face when he told me 'The kids really don't need to know how to spell, everything has spell check on it anyhow.'. The children were taught to spell things how the word sounded to them, that there was no wrong way to spell things. She still has trouble today with words she should have learned during that time frame before we could get moved out of that area and where she could receive a better education.

Wiredog8

Molon Labe
Reaction score
Try living in a southern border city. Even the teachers switch back and forth between laguages during instructions.
IE: Ok, class. Today we are gonna study history. Open you book to pajina numero tres. Paragraph three in la media de la pajina.

Latest posts