Southern Central New York State

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain*Heart

Reaction score
Is anyone out there around Chenango County area. Looking for those in and around there hoping to find more than the few I know. I am in FL now but hope to be out of here before the SHTF. Would like to hear from those in NY though.

Go west young man, go west!....err... well.... New Hampshire so it is technically east, but to me for a city boy it feels like frontier country if you ask me. Going to apprenticeship on a farm, learn to be self sufficient and all.

good luck to ya on that kenny..that'd be a great place to be when tshtf happens on acount not many folks will think and go there whenn that happens..

Hell yeah, first thing people would do in a massive SHTF situation would be to head south towards Cancun because they know their ### would die in a New England winter without central heating, he he.

Go west young man, go west!....err... well.... New Hampshire so it is technically east, but to me for a city boy it feels like frontier country if you ask me. Going to apprenticeship on a farm, learn to be self sufficient and all.

oh good for you!! that will be great and hopefully a real good place to be when the SHTF. i was raised on a farm in kinda central area of NY state. Hopefully going back there to get settled in before crap happens. good luck on your adventures and endeavors.

Cool, what kind of farm if you don't mind me asking? Cows and chickens? Corn? I am hoping to learn about self sufficient farming where the animals and plants balance each other.

Cool, what kind of farm if you don't mind me asking? Cows and chickens? Corn? I am hoping to learn about self sufficient farming where the animals and plants balance each other.

We had a dairy farm..about 50-60 head of milking cows. I have done my share of farm work and gardening so hopefully when and if we can get out of this city it will have stuck enough to be useful. LOL I haven't been on the farm in 44 yrs., although in those yrs I have had many personal veggie gardens in my yard. But Fl is so much different than a northern state. The only good advice I could give you is ask around on here in a few of the others topic rooms and do a lot of research on line. I have found many intelligent people on here with a wealth of good advice and info. Good Luck

Im in Orange county NY and am prepping. Im looking to network with other preppers in the area. I want to discuss things and plan with my local prepping community. I want to exchange knowledge share and gain connections and much more. Read my profile for more about who i am and what i have to offer.

I live in eastern orange county Ny, it would be nice to know a few non-believers in the area for trade if SHTF, I am a new prepper and willing to negotiate with fellow believers, nobody wants to feel left in the dark when the survivors of a major catastrophe happens. Most don't want to share what they have but I'm willing to meet other prepper in my area, thanx and bless you!

Im in Orange county NY and am prepping. Im looking to network with other preppers in the area. I want to discuss things and plan with my local prepping community. I want to exchange knowledge share and gain connections and much more. Read my profile for more about who i am and what i have to offer.

I'm in the town of Newburgh near Marlboro, trying to figure out how to read you're profile. I'm stocking up on non perishables, bear repellant, and much more for a trading system in the future.

I'm in the town of Newburgh near Marlboro, trying to figure out how to read you're profile. I'm stocking up on non perishables, bear repellant, and much more for a trading system in the future.

Im right in the outskirts of walden. Good to see theres another prepper in my area. :)

I'm sure when SHTF the maximum security prisoners will be released or escape from the Fishkill area, I live 2 miles north of the beacon bridge. Would have to put plywood inside and outside my windows with lag screws for safety then. I'll have to check out that store in Hopewell for ammo and stuff

We had a dairy farm..about 50-60 head of milking cows. I have done my share of farm work and gardening so hopefully when and if we can get out of this city it will have stuck enough to be useful. LOL I haven't been on the farm in 44 yrs., although in those yrs I have had many personal veggie gardens in my yard. But Fl is so much different than a northern state. The only good advice I could give you is ask around on here in a few of the others topic rooms and do a lot of research on line. I have found many intelligent people on here with a wealth of good advice and info. Good Luck
I grew up in Chenango County. I grew up in South Plumouth. Nice to see some Central New Yorkers on here.

I grew up in Chenango County. I grew up in South Plumouth. Nice to see some Central New Yorkers on here.
Oh my gosh! I was born in Norwich, spent most my time as a youngster in So. Plymouth on my grandparents potato farm. I didn't think anyone knew where So. Plymouth is..lol My brother is still there and I would like to get back there...I think.

Latest posts

Back