south wales uk

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any users anywhere near me? I have something to share
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

There is a section for Wales ---> Wales Forum
Are you talking about China's EMP?
Here is an article for EMP ---> China's Military Is Developing EMP Weapons

I too am trying to prepare for EMP. I am needing to learn how to at the very least protect my laptop, and some other small computer gadgets.

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome to the forum there's a lot of smart people here as for EMP make a faraday cage and put your valuables in it and then your good.

Was gonna use a different name but the name emp proof refers to my faraday cage containing lodsa cb radio sets for my crew ;)

They are very simple and easy to make simply put your laptop in a metal box that is lined with a nice insulator like rubber or foam, the box will conduct electricity around the item inside.....simples

They are very simple and easy to make simply put your laptop in a metal box that is lined with a nice insulator like rubber or foam, the box will conduct electricity around the item inside.....simples
I appreciate the information. I will get to work on one.
do they need to be grounded in some way?

It couldn't hurt but from what I know it will work without, I also saw something that showed that the body of a car may work as a faraday cage I think a fly by wire (carburetter) vehicle with the earths from engine to body un bolted could also survive but I havnt been able to prove this would definately work but the metal box idea is a sure thing, that aluminium tape is good for sealing the gaps and ensureing the "cage" has no gaps :)

You sound like ur quite bright with the earthing idea, best of luck to you. I'm sure you can take care of yourself as I answered when the site asked me what's my favourite weapon I said my brain :)

You sound like ur quite bright with the earthing idea, best of luck to you. I'm sure you can take care of yourself as I answered when the site asked me what's my favourite weapon I said my brain :)
The brain is the mightiest of weapons when properly trained and used!
I just made that up and think I will use it in my signature!

welcome emp proof!

ok i do have a bit of knowledge on this so here it goes:

first, aluminum tape may not work, aluminum is non-ferious, which means its not cunductive, it will not obsorbe electric current. but what you could do, is use actual duct tape (the shinny metal tape used for air ducts).
however, all this may be in ussless efforts, just because your stuff works, doesnt mean everybody elses does. example: your laptop works but the internet doesnt, your ham/cbs work but you cant comunicate with others, cuz they didnt build a box.
lots of variations, but you do it for a chance that maybe someone else had the idea(s) too.

anyway find a steel box w/a lid, set your electronics on thick foam, not touching the walls, turn the box upside down on your components, theyll be safe, as long as they dont touch any metal.

Good call on the alu tape mate, and my thaughts exactly about the laptop etc but I have enough cb stes to have a base unit in my bunker and some for lookouts and vehicles if possible so I dnt mind if no one else has a set its for the security of my crew :) I'm dying to find some preppers from wales 12 bunkers is too much for my team of 6 were not greedy :)

Good call on the alu tape mate, and my thaughts exactly about the laptop etc but I have enough cb stes to have a base unit in my bunker and some for lookouts and vehicles if possible so I dnt mind if no one else has a set its for the security of my crew :) I'm dying to find some preppers from wales 12 bunkers is too much for my team of 6 were not greedy :)
Come over here, I am in !!

Would love to mate but don't think its an option, like every place my place has pro's and con's but I have full access to 12 52 meter underground tunnels with large hall sized rooms at the end of each one, they were used it the war for bomb storage and have blast walls but its at sea level and v close to the sea, a tidal wave would END me but war, bombs,disease, chaos , radiation etc etc are no problem just close the metal doors and chill out :)

Would love to mate but don't think its an option, like every place my place has pro's and con's but I have full access to 12 52 meter underground tunnels with large hall sized rooms at the end of each one, they were used it the war for bomb storage and have blast walls but its at sea level and v close to the sea, a tidal wave would END me but war, bombs,disease, chaos , radiation etc etc are no problem just close the metal doors and chill out :)
That is so AWESOME, I am jealous. Sitting in a bit of history huh ! Well you are miles ahead in that department, I have bug out locations but no underground, Have some mine shafts and tunnels but they are in bad shape. I will be tenting it.

Why not try a landrover defender? The diesel lumps will run on diesel,kerosine,parafin,oil,petrol, pretty much any flammable liquid and check out landrover over landing websites you can get tents that go on the roof of your truck away from animals and stuff

Why not try a landrover defender? The diesel lumps will run on diesel,kerosine,parafin,oil,petrol, pretty much any flammable liquid and check out landrover over landing websites you can get tents that go on the roof of your truck away from animals and stuff
like these
jeepCommandoMaggincampL.gif

I have a 85 toyota 4x4, we are looking at these roof top tents, so bad ###.

Latest posts

Back