South eastern ohio colony

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustang592

Reaction score
i am in marietta (southeast in washington county)
looking to start a colony (mom and dad will be in and a few other family members)
my parents dont know that i am starting to rep and wouldnt know until SHTF
looking for 1. Green house growing & canning 2. Land security(i know a little bit but not much) 3. Building and wood lot management. 4. Farming & livestock care 5. Mechianal work 6. Medical training
also would like someone with military experience

dont have any skills on 1-6? post what skills you have

Even though I live in Northern Indiana and 6 hours away by car. I could help with your # 5 (Mechanical work) if you were to set up a colony. I have a Certificate in Engine Performance but I know how to work on other parts of vehicles.

Hi Mustang. . . have to ask, is this about the horse or the car?? Our family vehicle growing up was a 70 302 Boss. It's still in the family. Anyway, I have knowledge on 50% of what you list. Can give you advise. . . but your a far way from home.

Even though I live in Northern Indiana and 6 hours away by car. I could help with your # 5 (Mechanical work) if you were to set up a colony. I have a Certificate in Engine Performance but I know how to work on other parts of vehicles.

i have a deisel mechanic in the group but he isnt graduated school yet (grad next semester) so any advice you caan give would help and thanks for your reply

Hi Mustang. . . have to ask, is this about the horse or the car?? Our family vehicle growing up was a 70 302 Boss. It's still in the family. Anyway, I have knowledge on 50% of what you list. Can give you advise. . . but your a far way from home.

My name is about the car. i use to own a 1997 ford mustang GT with the 4.6L 5 speed. what all did you have knowledge about im in school for Compter support technitian so i will be doing the security for my group/colony. also been looking to join a militia (one that will fight against tyrany)

sorry it took so long to message back, been busy with school and prepping and everything

also been looking to join a militia (one that will fight against tyrany)

That will certainly bring undue attention to your group/colony and possibly a target, when elders and young ones are involved not wise to bring that kind of attention, one of the rules is 'a perceived threat will be treated as a threat' I strongly encourage to go it gray and keep it gray.

That will certainly bring undue attention to your group/colony and possibly a target, when elders and young ones are involved not wise to bring that kind of attention, one of the rules is 'a perceived threat will be treated as a threat' I strongly encourage to go it gray and keep it gray.
i wanna join a militia because of the free military training

Much of the militia is very much monitored, being a part would make your colony a potential target a case of 'guilt by association' this would bring unwarranted attention to your family and possible conflict. For someone going it alone or plan on being solo is one thing, just know, you joining such groups will cause your life to be dissected by the feds, anonymity doesn't exist once in the radar of the feds and that includes your family. ;)

exactly mav..joining a militia group is the same as putting a,im a doomsday prepper tattoo across your forward head.then going out into the public..

I don't want to give the impression I'm against the militia's I'm not but wanting to setup a colony or a network is totally different then that of the militia, to have participants of a colony or network that's also part of a militia in particular that advocates "one that will fight against tyrany" opens the colony up to scrutiny. "one that will fight against tyrany" now, is the colony also going to be part of this fight? wanting the training is one thing but wanting to join a group that is willing to organize an armed conflict is something entirely different, be cautious at what organization is chosen for this 'military training'

maybe find some ex military that'd be willing to help out..and if you can..include some like minded ppl,who'll keep quiet about it..

got any ideas of how i can get tactical training like that

really none that are free, tactical training isn't a bad thing but shouldn't be the first choice in prepping or setting up a colony, learning to survive comes first thus avoiding conflict is paramount to survival, don't forget, you will have love ones with you and the primary job above all others is keeping them safe, that's the part of going gray (don't stand out don't make your self a target) ;)

Some of us could add some TTP on the tactics thread on this site , if I remember I will post some that will get you started there is some I don't give out . Kind of like secrets of the trade .
I went the militia way for a few years , waste of time . No need to go into everything there but nothing I care to be envolved in agin .

Latest posts

Back