South East Ohio

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it. My sister in law went to a vocational school and did all this high speed college during high school stuff by the age of 21 she had two bachelors and works for a company placing special need citizens into companies that need employees. I would like to do something similar to that but with disabled veterans or veterans in general. I was think about some form of social working. I haven't really researched anything yet. I work ALL the time and it's hard to do these days due to sequestration and furloughs. The staff at my clinic was cut more than half and we still had to take care of our regular patient load. It was crazy. Anyways, I was looking at the Newark/Zanesville Area for the specific reason that to the west is school, to the east is woods. I have to go check it out myself and see whats up. Google Maps/Earth will only help you so much. Has far as college, being in the military, I would actually have alot of my electives knocked out. I've done a few things in the Army and it will definetly help when I go to college...

Sounds like an awesome goal to help veterans! With social work you don't need a Masters and can get your LSW with just a bachelor's. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that until I'm at the point where I can't change majors anymore (silly me). It's awesome that your electives and such will be taken care of and that you won't graduate with a ton of debt like I will. I have a lot of interest with poverty so I would like to work with places to help with that. I know that's really vague but there are so many areas that I see needing help and I would like to help with. One thing I think would be great to do is help nontraditional adult working people go to school. So many people don't know how and are afraid. I had to learn a lot about academia the hard way and I wish there had been some kind of mentor, adviser, or helper with that.
The Newark area will probably do you well for what you want to do though if you find you like it. If nothing else, it should be fun to explore a new place and area. :)

The nontraditional adult working types need more help than anything. They bring more and more foreigners into the work place and shun the naturalized. My father in law was going to lose his job unless he got the college in to certify him in his workplace. He did get the college and get promoted but he needed his 17 year old daughters help. I think the impoverished people need a hero. A legitimate hero, not some hip hop idol, or gangster football player.

The nontraditional adult working types need more help than anything. They bring more and more foreigners into the work place and shun the naturalized. My father in law was going to lose his job unless he got the college in to certify him in his workplace. He did get the college and get promoted but he needed his 17 year old daughters help. I think the impoverished people need a hero. A legitimate hero, not some hip hop idol, or gangster football player.

Ain't that the truth!

hello im about 10 min north of marietta ohio
im looking to get a colony of preppers that want to survive im looking for almost all skills

Latest posts

Back