South Bay!!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany

Reaction score
Hello,

The last thread was really old, so I decided to update this thread. let's discuss prepping and survival.
Together, let's survive this concrete jungle. How to be well prepared for any crisis and danger.

We can also discuss your inner concern here in CA. particularly in Los Angeles, with the surging homelessness, violence, corruption, or even recession. Let us thrive together.

You sound like a reasonable and profound person from the wording of your thread lady. The concrete jungle cannot be the way or place to survive. Nothing grows there which can be healthy, no animals are happy there, the close proximity of the houses does not give the human enough living space to grow and prosper with the nature around them. The very air is not happy to be constantly polluted with various gases. The view towards the ocean or mountains is blocked by dirt and smog. The way out is long and complicated. If you want to survive the concrete jungle, you need to become part of it and lose you natural instincts for survival. Or get yourself out of it...Not everybody is fabricated to live in a city and you are calling it home still. Is it a home or a home away from your natural home till you get moved? Take one day to do nothing but sit, think, drink, eat and ask yourself if you are really happy there and, find out if you can walk barefoot to the store. Your inner self will tell you the answers if you are quiet enough for long enough to hear the tiny voice and soft music of life in your soul. It is there, you just need to be able to hear it above the noise of the concrete jungle. Gary

The problem of surviving in the concrete jungle is the --- IF --- questions. If you can outlast your neighbors and the thugs. If you can find a large enough safe like minded group withing walking distance. If you can find a safe space to grow food. If you have the means to grow food. If you know what food to try growing. You can see were I am going with this. There are an awful of "IF's" to sort out.

I'm actually thinking of buying a house in Georgia. buttt..........ugh......I have lived here my entire life. Family, friends, beaches and great weather!!! IM TOOOOORRNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! some days, I have had it and want to pack my bags and go then, some days it's not too bad.

Beaches and great weather are part of the problem in Kali because of the people they attract.
Do you think Georgia is a great place to live? I went there once with my ex-boytoy. We went to the stone mountain and stayed there for a week. I just fell in love with the culture and the environment. for some reason, I keep thinking about it.

Parts of Georgia have beaches close by. Louisiana has beaches not to far away. Florida has a lot within an hour drive. Alabama and Mississippi are good to.
Hows the weather there like? especially during winter.

Hows the weather there like? especially during winter.

Depends on where in Georgia you are talking about. Atlanta and farther north can have some pretty severe winters at times, and the summers are fairly mild and dry. Down here we have mild winters and hot and humid weather in the summer.

When I lived in Atlanta (Decatur actually) in the 70s, we had a killer winter with temps in the minus teens at times.

I grew up in Jackson, Mississippi, but I never got used to the summers there. I like the weather in North Mississippi. When I was in school at Ole Miss, we didn't need to run the A/C at night, we could just open the window. If it were up to me I'd move to Tishamingo County, Mississippi, the only place in the state you can go rock climbing, but my wife doesn't want to be that far from the shopping centers, international airports and medical centers.

Im a rual prepper but I did notice a report on parts of Detroit that had become urban ruin and People were moving out . Some of the Citizens started gardening and even raising livestock in their yards and empty lots .

detroit-abandoned-buildings-12.jpg

Berlin, 1945 ???

No. Detroit, 2020

Im a rual prepper but I did notice a report on parts of Detroit that had become urban ruin and People were moving out . Some of the Citizens started gardening and even raising livestock in their yards and empty lots .

why are people moving out from Detroit? is it because of the crime, no work or racial thing?

why are people moving out from Detroit? is it because of the crime, no work or racial thing?
At first it was because of the decline of the Auto Industry which led to insolvency for the city without that tax base. Then it was because of the crime, which is rampant. You might say "white flight" is racial, but it's mainly because of economics, crime, and city government corruption. For reasons which I will not get into because it's a huge can of worms, LOL , the black community seems to have a much higher tolerance for government corruption than the white community.

Latest posts

Back