Some advice?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie

Reaction score
So I've never taken this prepping thing too seriously, haven't thought about it at all, really, but this Ebola epidemic has got me worried. Now they've found at least one confirmed case in the US, and of course one is all it takes. (Anyone read the Stand? The first half hits very close to home lately!)

Anyway, since I've got zero experience with prepping, I was hoping for some advice. What's the best way to prepare for this Ebola fiasco getting out of control? Health wise, safety wise? I'm starting with zero knowledge so anything helps!

What's the best way to prepare for this Ebola fiasco getting out of control? Health wise, safety wise? I'm starting with zero knowledge so anything helps!

First, don't panic.
Second, follow the same exact guidelines as you would for a Flu pandemic. Same rules and advice apply. Really boils down to washing often, cleaning house, etc. Avoid contact with any folks who have flu-like symptoms.

Hi Natalie, great to have another female prepper on board - I also just started prepping :) and love the mindset and lifestyle of it. It is an empowering thought to be prepared and able to deal with any situation that comes my way instead of running around like a chicken without head in a SHTF situation.

Check out the lady prepper section - great inspiration!
http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?forums/lady-preppers.93/

Enjoy your time here - the guys here are very helpful!

that was "light and fun " reading...

Important!, I printed this from the link.

SUSCEPTIBILITY TO DISINFECTANTS: Ebola virus is susceptible to sodium hypochlorite, lipid solvents, phenolic disinfectants, peracetic acid, methyl alcohol, ether, sodium deoxycholate, 2% glutaraldehyde, 0.25% Triton X-100, β-propiolactone, 3% acetic acid (pH 2.5), formaldehyde and paraformaldehyde, and detergents such as SDS (20, 21, 31-34).

PHYSICAL INACTIVATION: Ebola are moderately thermolabile and can be inactivated by heating for 30 minutes to 60 minutes at 60ºC, boiling for 5 minutes, gamma irradiation (1.2 x106 rads to 1.27 x106 rads), and/or UV radiation (3, 6, 20, 32, 33).

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20). Infectivity can be preserved by lyophilisation.

and to day some of colleagues were laughing to me when I spoke about the danger of ebola,ni it will never come here, well let's see who's laughing when they check the news about the Norwegian who got it

but to be honest...on this I would gladly be wrong...

Latest posts

Back