Helpful Info. Solo camping security ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dog has a backpack. He can carry his food and some of my stuff. Other than being a fun companion he is very alert and makes quite a fuss if anything comes into our area. Some hunting seasons are open now and general starts soon. So his backpack is blaze orange.

If your in bear country be sure to hang your food in a tree at night. I'd bring a minimum of a .357 magnum pistol, and or a back pack carbine of the same caliber. How about some hooks and line for fishing? Maybe a few rabbit snares on your longer hikes.
I’d go with a short barrel S&W 500 revolver if you can. But a .357 Magnum works also.

Many years camping experance here. In the past we have used camera flashes to scar away animals. I always carried my AR-7 in my day pack, neat to do and not worry about handgun laws. About 10 or 15 seonds to assemble and be ready to shoot. Now we camp in a travel trailer. Up North I carry a mossburg 500 pump shot gun. In western states and down South I just carry my Ruger 357 revolver. In Rv parks and most state parks, NOBODY will bother you. Boondocking out in the bush most people are carrying guns.

Latest posts

Back