Solar Storms - Be prepared

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
The sun is entering a new 11 year cycle known as solar cycle 25 maximum.

We are entering the time of interference and reduced radio propagation and possible damaging solar flares for the next eleven years. Be prepared for no grid power as to what happen in the 1989 geomagnetic storm (solar cycle 22)

Other readings for the folks that are new to solar storm events

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrington_Event.
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029/2019SW002329.
https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/sun_darkness.html

Be Alert, because Lerts are unaffected by EMP or CMEs :)
be_alert_the_world_needs_more_lerts_poster-rb3b64e208bcf4d11a1426c772d84b5dc_wvg_8byvr_540.jpg

I saw the northern lights lighting up the sky in a way I'd never seen before here in western Montana a couple years ago or so. Scared the CRAP outta me lmao. đź’©

Not because I've never seen the northern lights, mind you, but because I was born and raised in the arctic. I've seen some of the best northern lights there are to see, and I knew for a fact that the northern lights shouldn't even be visible from Montana, and on the rare occasion that they are, they're never as bright as it was that one night.

I was also scared because there's research to suggest northern lights are connected to sightings of UFOs lol. :p

Oh, I think also a couple years ago or so, a massive solar flare just barely missed striking the Earth; if it had, it would've wiped out anything with a circuit board. That's why I wanna buy a car that's made in either the late sixties or the early seventies for my Bug Out Vehicle lol; pre-computer era.

Be sure that 60's vehicle still has available parts through dealers. We picked up an Internation Harvester '70 pickup a couple years back for that purpose, only to learn no parts available (a few rounded up by collectors) unless you scrounge the junk yards and auto crap places yourself. We thought IH was still making parts, as they still produce heavy farm equipment, but NO! Lesson learned too late. LOVED the truck, but it needed some TLC for sure. My hubby isn't a mechanic, so we found one locally willing to work on the IH. He was wowed by the blue beast. But we (and he) found parts almost impossible to find nationwide despite extensive on-line searches of places known to stockpile ole parts. Stick with Chevy and Ford and you will probably be OK on that front.

Scary stuff right there. I'm sure folks here have read the book one second after.

I had a 73 Ford Bronco until about 5 years ago when the bottom rusted out, of all things, so I sold it for parts. Probably a stupid thing for me to do. Replacement is an 87 Silverado. It's a fair truck, but don't count on it lasting through an EMP. I think it's got too much electronics in it.

Latest posts

Back