Solar and Wind is key to prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netlinks

Reaction score
You can't rely on your electric, gas, water, or any other outside source to provide you with the basic needs to survive. You MUST start looking into Solar and Wind.

You can't rely on your electric, gas, water, or any other outside source to provide you with the basic needs to survive. You MUST start looking into Solar and Wind.
We have a thread about solar power SOLAR POWER
I am looking into solar for my place, the only problem where I live is that it is an associated community, so there are a lot of restriction as to what you can and can't do to the exterior of your home.

If you are truely looking into solar you should find the new solar pannels that roll up and you simply just unroll lay out and collect and charge battys and they can be placed in window sills ...... I use them with my blinds when customers need power

I like the roll up solar panels. I use to watch a survival show where they use an alternator and wind mill to create power to charge batteries. Seems like an interesting idea to do if SHTF.

I like the roll up solar panels. I use to watch a survival show where they use an alternator and wind mill to create power to charge batteries. Seems like an interesting idea to do if SHTF.

it can be a pain in the but to keep an altanator spinning fast enough to charge

Well that's what the wind is for. I live in the south so wind ain't shy here. It was a huge windmill. Each blade was about 8 foot long. Made it where one turn was fast.

Would be nice. From what ive read, solar is a bit more reliable than wind, because windmills
have to be a certain size and high enough to really do anything. I dont know first hand and
unfortunatly i cant afford to try them out ATM. So im for now im gonna plan to live without
any power source except fire and ive stocked up on some good LED flashlights.

Let's not forget that if you have a reliable source of water flowing thru your place, to consider a mini turbine to generate power.

I don't have a place yet, but looking into charcoal making, and getting a wood heat source in the future.

Latest posts

Back