soapwort

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
We have soapwort all over here though I don't believe it is a native wild flower here. This flower makes an excellent body soap and one of the easiest plants to work with, you use the leaves and roots.

take one table spoon of either the leaf or root and add to one cup of boiling water, let boil for roughly 15 mikes thats it, though let it cool before you use. The Europeans have used soapwort for centuries! If you don't have it in the wild where you are seeds are available everywhere for it, like most wild flowers the seeds are easy to harvest off the flower for the following year ;)

need to get a book about my native plants asap...seems like I've been "blindly passing by" native plants here, that can be used..

We have soapwort all over here though I don't believe it is a native wild flower here. This flower makes an excellent body soap and one of the easiest plants to work with, you use the leaves and roots.

take one table spoon of either the leaf or root and add to one cup of boiling water, let boil for roughly 15 mikes thats it, though let it cool before you use. The Europeans have used soapwort for centuries! If you don't have it in the wild where you are seeds are available everywhere for it, like most wild flowers the seeds are easy to harvest off the flower for the following year ;)
Now if I only knew what it looked like! Seriously, good to know.

Latest posts

Back