So much information it's insane for each of us to try to keep up.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Albert

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to colliate all these threads? And all the information that our friends provide? I suggest we get together and make a book with all this information. I am so overwhelmed as I try to read and catch up to everybody while making my own notes. Let's unite on say, something called "The Page". List our new advice as well as previous advice and create the Doomsday Prepper Manual (or something) and get it copyrighted. I would sell the hell out of this thing and I hope you would agree with me that the proceeds would go to annual meetings. To help pay for our members to come to a Pow Wow where we can bond get to know one another, share knowledge...but also to know when it happens we will know who our brothers are. Thank you for your responce.

Uncle Albert, I think that is a damned fine idea. The only problem I see is that we continually find ways to improve on what we're doing! I don't mean that as a smart ###, I'm being serious. With all of us, we have such a vast amount of intelligence that is shared and expounded on daily. I can't even begin to imagine trying to coalesce everything into one manual. The thing would weigh a ton.

Now I could see a series of manuals covering different things because not everyone is going to want to learn the same things. Does that make sense? For example a manual on back country survival, water purification, basic shelter building, wild edibles and fire making may appeal to one group, while another manual could focus on food preservation, another on gardening and animal husbandry, and so on.

I really hope I didn't piss you off with this, because you are right, it is a lot of information. Especially for people who are just starting out. I could see if things could be set up in a pdf format (sounded technical to me, don't know what the hell it means) so that it could be made into an ebook?

I agree with Anorak ,as she says its a fine idea. But,

This would be a major undertaking on any ones part and would require updating regularly as new and improved methods of doing things came along. A preppers bible would be a good thing ,each individual could take from it what was useful to their situation.

i agree that it'd be huge under takeing..i've been thinking of gathering all the info on B.O.B.'s and then posting all that in one topic.but like it been pointed out.it's a hugh under takeing...but it is a great idea.and anorak made a good point.devide it up into diff books.even then like a book for b.o.b's..just because one book on that will/might work in one region.dont mean it'll work in another.and to me that means doing the needed research on it..

You're right. I'm going to think about this some more as I continue my lists etc. It would need to be segmented, regional and continually updated. Thanks to all who answered.

The other hard part is prepping really can vary from region to region, personal needs, personal experiences and economics. I know a lot of the information is overwhelming but in time your knowledge level will grow. I suggest breaking things down in catagories and subcategories and researching the areas of interest and needs. I have been doing this for years and kind of the way I worked it. So far I feel pretty good of what I accomplished. I also know what I need to work on . Prepping is always evolving if you keep up with it.

I agree. But the amount of work would be tremendous. Your going to have to edit through crap to e
Extract nuggets everywhere. Who ever does it will have to know their stuff. ( I know a little about something but when I read on here the stuff I know about, I can tell there are some real experts in the fields.) So I normally read their stuff and just enjoy and clown. So I'm the one that clouded up a lot of great information.
Maybe you could subdivide the editing to some of the experts in their field. Say...Colt1911 on multi tools....Roninsensei on edged weapons.....and so on.you just got to decide who those experts are.there's some good ones here. Then they have to be willing to do all that work.

I do it the old fashion way, I write things down and file, when I find something better, I update or replace. If I find it on the computer, I save it in a special file and update my file as needed. If you one day find yourself with no electricity, or limited, you still have it on paper. Just a thought, but always have a backup. It's worked for me for years now.

My youngest daughter keeps asking me to write things down and I'm so bad about it. I've told her to just write down what she thinks she needs to remember and then ask questions. I get too easily side-tracked to do more than keep a farm journal.

There are tools out there that will take a blog and convert it to pdf and converting the pdf to text format for printing, multiple issues began to arise, a good number of post goes off onto rabbit trails that need edited out as mentioned above by bill harrell then permissions need to be granted from all involved in the posts and most importantly permission from the site owner (clyde) also extracting data would also pull a lot of bandwidth from the allotted usage, and now the killer, I have printed 500pge pdf at Kinko's, at the time it wasn't cheap.

There are tools out there that will take a blog and convert it to pdf and converting the pdf to text format for printing, multiple issues began to arise, a good number of post goes off onto rabbit trails that need edited out as mentioned above by bill harrell then permissions need to be granted from all involved in the posts and most importantly permission from the site owner (clyde) also extracting data would also pull a lot of bandwidth from the allotted usage, and now the killer, I have printed 500pge pdf at Kinko's, at the time it wasn't cheap.
Sounds like you've got it together. Of course I didn't think about copyrights when I suggested selling this info. But I was thinking about funding get togethers when I mentioned it. Not personal income. But anyway, I'm still knee deep in everything I'm reading and enjoying every minute of it.

You guys have a great idea going here, especially for the newbies. Some kind of condensed version on getting prepped. The first question is always where does someone start ? What to buy ? We all know prepping is a lifestyle and it is always changing but some type of guideline to start would be beneficial, Water, food, protection, shelter, the list gets long. I agree the threads get derailed but thats part of the fun. Anyways thats my two cents and will be happy to contribute. Oh, maybe something like REI's ten essentials, we could have DPF essentials.

Well as far as permission you had mine when I posted a reply. If I'd have wanted it I would have kept it to myself. In a nutshell if it were possible for anyone to glean anything useful from something I posted . Its the sites to do with whatever it pleases. If I didn't like y'all I wouldn't waste my life talking to you. Y'all are my reward. Heck y'all even have my wife addicted. Yes.. we ARE dpf junkies

Latest posts

Back