Snowmageddon 2016

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
we got crushed here in DC Metro area. I've got over 30in of snowfall with drifts up 5ft or more. You can't even see my car out front. We took over 3 days to shovel out. Started Friday night with about 4in, just to stay ahead of it. Then Saturday am, we had another 8-12in. Saturday brought a beatdown and Mrs Alabaster & I went out every couple hours so we could stay mostly clear.

I'm still looking for someone I can pay to help out, though!

Prepping-wise, I got a kick out of it. We had plenty food, cars full of gas, plenty first aid, lights, heat options, etc... Didn't need any of it except food, but that's good, right? I would seriously be thinking about a snowblower if I wasn't planning on moving back to Florida soon. I hope you mugs did okay in the storm.

We were snowed in for 3 days here. The shelves at the grocery stores were empty according to unprepared friends who tried to shop before the storm. I really got a kick out of that, seeing the reality of it, of people panicking at the last minute while I stayed at home, ready for the storm with my food stocked up. The only thing I did suffer through was the traffic when I got off work as everyone was heading out to panic shop.
I still have more to do but it's nice being prepared for the little things.

yeah it is,nice to have the little things at times like that.we've never been snowed in,when it comes to where i live now..but im sure happy for the things i have for the power outages we've had here.

I was in Virginia when that Happened, about an hour South of D.C we got around 3-4 feet of snow. Me being from the South (Florida) I never experienced anything like that, all the roads were covered in snow and they couldn't even plow the roads. I couldn't even leave the neighborhood (We are in a gated Apartment complex) Never felt so trapped, and we didn't do anything shopping wise previous to this. This experience really opened my eyes in Prepping ways. Not only should we be prepared for Extreme Situations like an Apocalypse, but Natural Disasters as well, even covering the basics of food and water anything really helps.

I was in Virginia when that Happened, about an hour South of D.C we got around 3-4 feet of snow. Me being from the South (Florida) I never experienced anything like that, all the roads were covered in snow and they couldn't even plow the roads. I couldn't even leave the neighborhood (We are in a gated Apartment complex) Never felt so trapped, and we didn't do anything shopping wise previous to this. This experience really opened my eyes in Prepping ways. Not only should we be prepared for Extreme Situations like an Apocalypse, but Natural Disasters as well, even covering the basics of food and water anything really helps.

You know, I think the natural disasters are actually more important. We may never see the end of civilization(Hopefully not), but we will almost certainly see some type of disaster in our lives that we either have to live through or can help out with. One thing I learned the hard way... Buy extra shovels! :p One of our 2 broke right in the center of the shovel itself. As soon as my cousins could get his truck through it, I asked him to come over and bring a shovel. We went out and NO ONE was on the roads... Interestingly, we found a local hardware store open and I bought another shovel. Still kinda nuts.

The next day I went back out and there were ALL KINDS of people on the roads! I couldn't believe it. There was still a good 8-12in of snow on the roads and people were stuck all over the place. I can't imagine what drives a 20yr old lady in a Miata to go out in that. We ended up pushing her care for a whole block till she could get to where there was fresh salt & sand. She still ended up having to park it because the care kept going sideways. We had also had an enterprising group of young guys come through and offer to shovel people out. I bet they paid at least a year of college off that week!

Latest posts

Back